Jan 2020 15 day Antarctica Silver Cloud voyage including South Georgia Islands

WesW

Today Silversea posted a new/unique 15 day Cloud expedition voyage that includes Antarctica and South Georgia Islands.

https://www.silversea.com/destinations/antarctica-cruise/ushuaia-to-ushuaia-1001.html

This voyage does not go to the Falklands unlike the other 18 day Antarctica voyages on the Cloud and Explorer.

Most likely this voyage will sell out fast--am hoping the pricing is correct but believe they did not change pricing from the old Jan 4, 2020 ten day USH to USH voyage--so u might see each suite class go up by at least $5000.

Just had my TA call about this.

Quote: "I'm on with Silversea, seems 2020 sailings have not been officially released and should not have been on the website, they were taken off last night.* Prices for 2020 sailings not available yet.* She did not have a date for the release but if I see anything I'll let you know."

Who actually booked this? And I wonder what will happen now if it was a mistake?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

JP, we booked yesterday, have our invoice with Venetian savings applied. Only missing item was the air—our TA said they do not have rates for 2020 yet. Interesting that our credit card has not been charged...like Victoria/Emtsbam suggests above believe new prices will be displayed soon. Doubt that we will get the rate we booked at but will press hard to try to get this rate through our TA/TA’s owner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, just like Mark Conroy told me a week ago--this voyage is selling out; sorry to hear the cheapest suite is now $16K

Feel very, very fortunate--just spoke with our superstar TA and we are getting the

$10,800 fare price with venetian savings about $10,260 (she just made our deposit).

So, we were able to book 15 days on the Cloud expedition in Antarctica for the price of 10 days--amazing.

Yes, just like Mark Conroy told me a week ago--this voyage is selling out; sorry to hear the cheapest suite is now $16K

Feel very, very fortunate--just spoke with our superstar TA and we are getting the

$10,800 fare price with venetian savings about $10,260 (she just made our deposit).

So, we were able to book 15 days on the Cloud expedition in Antarctica for the price of 10 days--amazing.

Way to go Wes! That's why we LOVE our travel agent. :)

Thanks Carol, yes our TA (and Stumblefoot's) did super work.

JP, Stumblefoot (Brian, Amy and Taylor), RachelG (Rachel & George) and Ida and I dearly hope Chris and you book this one of a kind Antarctica voyage. Please join us!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by WesW

We had considered it, but given the frigid temps here, we have decided to do the Galapagos expedition instead. Any recommendations on time of year to go there?

Really anytime is fine. We have been there in June and in November. Weather was slightly warmer in June, but either is fine. And if you are hiking, you really don’t want hot weather.

I booked it on December 7th in anticipation of the change. They have updated the prices since yesterday. I'm in a Vista which was $15,000 when I booked as a single, now it's pricing at $20,375.
Holy cow, that means the base fare based on double occupancy moved from $12,000 to $16,300 overnight, costing a couple an incremental $8,600. Ouch! So much for those 18 - 20 new Expedition Ships sailing in 2020 impacting prices.

Congratulations on snagging a great fare TheCleave!

Was the 'old' ($10,800 pp) fare a mistake?

I've seen Princess make mistakes... and people 'jump on' to book... only to get upset and claim to have booked non-refundable air tickets & hotels etc. only to find out Princess will not honor the $132 pp fare for a 10-day cruise.

Was the 'old' ($10,800 pp) fare a mistake?

I'm pretty sure it was. That is the same price they're charging for the 10 day trip. The new and improved price results in a per diem rate that matches up better with their other sailings, given that this voyage is 5d longer.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app