Celebrity Constellation is for sale for $400 million

steve20832

P&O have just sold Adonia to Azamara, perhaps they need the cash! Lots of unhappy P&O cruisers, as they cancelled 30 plus cruises.

No they don't need the cash. Both P and O and Princess are going the big ship route. Small ships are not their business model now. We are cruising all we can on Pacific Princess before it sold - it is the only small ship Princess now have left out of the 3 ex-Renaissance Explorer class ships they used to have.

Some RCI ships are up for sale too...

Nothing special...

steamboats

What you are seeing is not Celebrity or RC selling ships. Independent brokers advertise ships. If they get an offer they go to the cruise line with the offer hoping to get a commission if the cruise line takes the offer. It is gambling. Odds are pretty slim of that happening. Seeing those ads does not mean the ships are for sale.

Not much write-down on a cruiseship.. some 50% after >15 year?

Pretty sure that's actually more than it cost to build (about $350 million) So it's worth more now :rolleyes:

Passengers capacity: 2140 (2543 max)

Crew: 850

Passenger decks: 12

Total number of cabins: 1075 (64 are Suites, 513 Balcony rooms)

Year built: 2004

Last refurbished: 2013

Tonnage: 90,090 tons

Lenght: 961 ft (293 m)

Building cost: 350.000.000 USD

Ship builder: Meyer Werft (Germany)

What you are seeing is not Celebrity or RC selling ships. Independent brokers advertise ships. If they get an offer they go to the cruise line with the offer hoping to get a commission if the cruise line takes the offer. It is gambling. Odds are pretty slim of that happening. Seeing those ads does not mean the ships are for sale.

Huh? If the ship was not on the market, X would nip this in the bud. It is like a real estate listing, between the seller and broker. You can not advertise something for sale you do not have a contract on or own.

Are you sure it's analogous to real estate? This pops up periodically, not just for Celebrity ships.

I'm never 100% sure of anything, but like to call out posts that don't have a basis of fact that counter everything I learned in 35 years of corporate contract experience.

If someone advertises for sale my garden hose (brass fittings, 50 feet long) I won't be happy when contacted to explore my interest in selling it.

My only point being that the poster suggested that X was not in the loop regarding a listing to sell their ship, pretty far fetched for a $400 million asset.

Pretty sure that's actually more than it cost to build (about $350 million) So it's worth more now :rolleyes:

Passengers capacity: 2140 (2543 max)

Crew: 850

Passenger decks: 12

Total number of cabins: 1075 (64 are Suites, 513 Balcony rooms)

Year built: 2004

Last refurbished: 2013

Tonnage: 90,090 tons

Lenght: 961 ft (293 m)

Building cost: 350.000.000 USD

Ship builder: Meyer Werft (Germany)

Agreed, this list price is just that. I think we can pick it up for $ 275. It certainly will need at least $ 50 in remodeling work to make it useable as our "private" yacht. So, if you can get enough people to start signing up, we are good for a couple bills.

Huh? If the ship was not on the market, X would nip this in the bud. It is like a real estate listing, between the seller and broker. You can not advertise something for sale you do not have a contract on or own.

The ad does not specifically mention the ship's name and contains the following: "The owner of this vessel requires we obtain financial information regarding the perspective buyer prior to releasing any specific information concerning this ship."

The same could be done with real estate - an ad for a generic 3000 sq ft 4 bedroom house on an acre of land - just a teaser to find a potential customer.

Charles4515 is absolutely right! This is why you never find ship names, just sample pictures and data. They are not for sale by the cruise line!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums