Specialty dining question..

dis2cruise

New to the X & we will be on the Equniox very soon :)

1. I would like to book the four pack of the Specialty dining for 3 people. However, the total exceeds my SBC

Do I call celebrity up and then just pay by credit card ?

2. Is it true I can only book one of the four nights

And do the remaining 3 when on board??

We booked a 5 dinner package recently, online we were asked to book first or second night but when we got aboard found out that the restaurant had our reservation but not the time or venue. Waste of time to book on line IMO, wait until you get aboard you may even get a discount.

How much are the dining packages? Celebrity website locked me out for 20 minutes, still locked out for "security reasons". Why can't they post their dining prices, without having to go through the booking process. This is my first Celebrity Cruise and I am underwhelmed with the website and managing my cruise. sigh.

New to the X & we will be on the Equniox very soon :)

1. I would like to book the four pack of the Specialty dining for 3 people. However, the total exceeds my SBC

Do I call celebrity up and then just pay by credit card ?

2. Is it true I can only book one of the four nights

And do the remaining 3 when on board??

If "SBC" is your on board credit that can be used when pre booking things in the cruise planner, then if the total of things you are ordering totals more than available, you can pay the difference on line using a credit card.

We found that the 4 dinner package gave a 30% discount by booking in advance, and didn't find any discounts on board greater than that (didn't see any discounts to be honest).

As for booking the 1 dinner on the 1st or 2nd evening, I booked the 2nd evening when booking on line and found that I could have changed it once on board when I went to book the other 3 dinners. They were very flexible.

I bought the 5 dinner package on board, and got the same price as online. Booked the times and locations on the spot. As I recall, in days bygone, if you bought the multi night package, you picked the first reservation, and they assigned the remainder. I do not know if it has changed online, but in person, on Eclipse, this was not the case.

I really haven't seen any discounts on the packages once onboard, but have seen some pretty good discounts while onboard for single purchase dinners.

Of note, on the Equinox, the best deal is really the 4 dinner package. You can now try each specialty restaurant once or book the same one for each night. But, Murano, being the most expensive, books a bit early so you may not be able to get the times you want unless you make your bookings on day one as soon as you board.

Always book your dining package times as soon as you board. Most wanted times fill fast!!

Also, if you do pre-book times, be sure to double-check them as soon as you board as they sometimes get messed up.

In April we got a great deal on Summit. Coming back onboard one day there was someone from Qsine looking for people to eat there that night. He was offering a "deal"... $35 instead of $45 per person. I suggested that wasn't enough of a discount to entice me to go. We went back and forth and in the end we agreed on $30 per person with a glass of wine each. It was a repositioning cruise and we did not have a drink package so the wine really was worth $11 each. That made our dinner cost $19 each. They will definitely discount the restaurants but you'll need to be willing to haggle and be flexible about the day. Port days seems to be the best opportunity for a deal. We got the time we wanted, too... 7:30pm. Best meal of the cruise, btw.

We booked a 5 dinner package recently, online we were asked to book first or second night but when we got aboard found out that the restaurant had our reservation but not the time or venue. Waste of time to book on line IMO, wait until you get aboard you may even get a discount.

Are you saying that if you book a dinner package, you have to book one on the first night or second (evening chic usually)? :(

If "SBC" is your on board credit that can be used when pre booking things in the cruise planner, then if the total of things you are ordering totals more than available, you can pay the difference on line using a credit card.

We found that the 4 dinner package gave a 30% discount by booking in advance, and didn't find any discounts on board greater than that (didn't see any discounts to be honest).

As for booking the 1 dinner on the 1st or 2nd evening, I booked the 2nd evening when booking on line and found that I could have changed it once on board when I went to book the other 3 dinners. They were very flexible.

Our experience too. I would add that when we were on the Solstice by day 4 Murano's was almost fully booked, an odd very late time available. So, before boarding, look closely at your itinerary and decide where and when you want to eat so that you can make the most of your dining experiences. Sort it as you board. For example, we love to book Tuscan at a sail away time or shortly after to enjoy those views and usually go for Murano's on sea days when we have had an afternoon rest and have the stamina (and appetite) for quite a long meal.

Hope you have great dining experiences and a great cruise!

Are you saying that if you book a dinner package, you have to book one on the first night or second (evening chic usually)? :(

When booking a dining package online you are asked to choose the time for your first reservation, they will choose the venue and the remaining reservation are to be arranged when you are aboard. I was unhappy not to be able to choose the venue so I phoned Captain's Club and was told no one is able to choose venue/time until onboard unless you book a single reservation not a package.

How much are the dining packages? Celebrity website locked me out for 20 minutes, still locked out for "security reasons". Why can't they post their dining prices, without having to go through the booking process. This is my first Celebrity Cruise and I am underwhelmed with the website and managing my cruise. sigh.

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/news.cfm?ID=7423

When booking a dining package online you are asked to choose the time for your first reservation, they will choose the venue and the remaining reservation are to be arranged when you are aboard. I was unhappy not to be able to choose the venue so I phoned Captain's Club and was told no one is able to choose venue/time until onboard unless you book a single reservation not a package.

"they will choose the venue." ? My husband doesn't like sushi. Is there a chance that their chosen venue will be "Sushi on Five?"

Don't bother with booking online as there is no advantage at all. When you board go to either Murano or Tuscan restaurant and book your package, you will be able to choose time/venue there and then, no hassle.

Don't bother with booking online as there is no advantage at all. When you board go to either Murano or Tuscan restaurant and book your package, you will be able to choose time/venue there and then, no hassle.

First time on Celebrity so have no first hand info. I recall a thread I read mentioned that when you get on the ship there is a table where they are selling the specialty bookings and that you can try to improve on the discount which the writer mentioned was the same as online.

Can anyone confirm if this is correct?