What food do look forward to on a cruise?

CaribbeanCrush

My favorites--very generally (i.e. not specific to any one line) but things I normally don't get at home.

1) Any type of fruity chilled soup--Watermelon Bisque, Strawberry Bisque, etc

2) Exotic fruits--I rarely get dragon fruits and star fruits at home.

3) Unlimited ice cream

4) Unlimited coffee

5) Any fish dishes--many fish dishes are hard to prepare well, and frankly, I don't often make dishes with 10 ingredients at home. So I relish any fish dishes.

• 2 weeks later...

I really loved the deli station on the Carnival cruise we went on last year...the pastrami sandwiches were so delicious, and I liked that it was open when a lot of other eating options were closed.

I am particularly looking forward to the steakhouse and Giovanni's Table on the upcoming Oasis cruise :)

• 3 weeks later...

I look forward to prime rib (I rarely eat red meat, but this is the one time that I will eat on the cruise). Salmon, lobster, eggs Benedict and pizza with goat cheese.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

I look forward to things I do not eat at home-- fried foods, cheese assortments, exotic desserts, and three specific drinks from the Alchemy Bar.

Has anyone tried the sushi platters that are delivered to the cabin? If so, how are they?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We also currently live in landlocked Missouri, in a very small town with few dining choices. So one of the best parts of being on a cruise for us is the interesting and different items available to eat! Of course, any kind of seafood is high on our list, but we also enjoy chilled soups, exotic fruits, and just generally any foods we can't get at home.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We also currently live in landlocked Missouri, in a very small town with few dining choices. So one of the best parts of being on a cruise for us is the interesting and different items available to eat! Of course, any kind of seafood is high on our list, but we also enjoy chilled soups, exotic fruits, and just generally any foods we can't get at home.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

love the chilled soups....my DW never makes strawberry bisque at home!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Indian food on the buffet, preferably on multiple days, but at least one lunch should have it. My second favorite, or favorite staple, is English breakfast on the buffet.

I enjoy the English breakfast too. I guess I could make baked beans and grilled tomatoes at homes, but I never do.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I used to look forward to the chilled fruit soups on NCL. But there none offered anywhere on my cruise this past May on the Sun. Disappointing.

Hello Elaine,

So sorry to hear of disappointment from a Chilled Soup Lover.

We sailed on Cunard QE2 and now QM2 and in the past HAL and they had Chilled Soups especially on Tropical/Caribbean sailings.

They were delicious from fruit to vegetable style soups. Chilled Peach Soup so refreshing.

Hope you and I can look forward to seeing it on the menu again.

• 2 months later...

All of it but especially the Seafood. I live just outside Dallas and when you can find good seafood out here it is really expensive. We just got back from a week in Maui and I at Seafood twice a day, everyday of the vacation. Escargot is one of my favorites too, we have one restaurant by us that serves it but my wife will not eat it so I very rarely order it.