Seabourn Cruise Line

Read Seabourn Cruise Reviews written by cruisers just like you.

Find Your Seabourn Cruises Roll Call

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:49 PM.
#21
Paradise, USA
640 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
Originally posted by cruisr
If only two sea days, only two trivia matches.
Originally posted by jozi
Sometimes in late afternoon on a port day.
Thanks. Is the entire schedule for Trivia given at the first meeting? Published the night before in the Daily?
#22
1,528 Posts
Joined Jun 2002
Originally posted by notjaded
Thanks. Is the entire schedule for Trivia given at the first meeting? Published the night before in the Daily?
In my experience going back almost 20 years sailing Seabourn the Trivia is always at Noon on the sea days. Simple. Sea day, trivia at Noon. It will be in the Herald in any case for those that can't remember it's at Noon. Whilst you meet at Noon it will not start until after the Captain's Noon announcement.

In all my cruises I have never experienced it in the late afternoon on a port day. In fact, a large group of trivia devotees begged for a Trivia at 4:00pm when we were leaving port at 3:00 and were told no. I guess it is at the discretion of the CD.

Enjoy it, but it is a blood sport on Seabourn and all for a bookmark
#23
Tucson,Arizona
4,442 Posts
Joined Jul 2003
I have been on at least two cruisers where Trivia was held on one occasion last in the afternoon of a port day after we were underway to the next port --- but that is rare.


Sent from my iPad using Forums
#24
San Francisco
578 Posts
Joined Feb 2009
Originally posted by Chairsin
I have been on at least two cruisers where Trivia was held on one occasion last in the afternoon of a port day after we were underway to the next port --- but that is rare.


Sent from my iPad using Forums
Same for me. Sometimes the CD decides to sneak an extra trivia day in, mostly when they feel the demand is there. On my last cruise, we had an extra one in the afternoon, which did not count towards the cumulative totals of the regular noon series, as not everyone could attend.
#25
1,984 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
Originally posted by stamfordian
Clearly not a true trivia fan, wripro. The prizes are incidental. It's the winning, the utter trouncing of the other 10 or 12 teams, the sheer feeling of superiority as you walk in to dinner as a triumphant team on the final night. It's not about fun - it's all-out psychological warfare!
can i be on your team?
are you perhaps planning a trip to alaska in june??
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
_________________

Beth
#26
721 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
Originally posted by alaska_planner
can i be on your team?
are you perhaps planning a trip to alaska in june??
Would be delighted to have you along, Beth. Unfortunately we are not planning to be in Alaska in June.

Most likely back to the Med or Northern Europe this year - not decided yet.

Hope you enjoy the Arctic. All friends who have done trips there have been totally besotted.
#27
411 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by sfvoyage
Same for me. Sometimes the CD decides to sneak an extra trivia day in, mostly when they feel the demand is there. On my last cruise, we had an extra one in the afternoon, which did not count towards the cumulative totals of the regular noon series, as not everyone could attend.
Just off the Quest. Trivia winner was determined everyday rather than the cumulative total I have experienced in the past. Linda
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
AKA Are wehavingfunyet
1953 SS AMERICA - T/A
1953 SS UNITED STATES - T/A
1956 SS LIBERTE – R/T TA
1959 SS UNITED STATES – R/T TA
1964 SS UNITED STATES – R/T TA
1980 Carnival 7-day Eastern Caribbean
2000 NCL 7-day Southern Caribbean
2001 NCL 7-day Hawaii
2004 Avalon 7-day W. Danube [Nuremburg to Budapest]
2005 Uniworld 7-day E. Danube [Bucharest to Vienna]
2006 Peter Deilmann 7-day Elbe [Berlin to Prague]
2007 Uniworld 14-day Russia [St. Petersburg to Moscow]
2007 Sunnyland Tours 4-day Nile
2008 Viking 14-day Rhine [Antwerp to Basel]
2009 Victoria 5-day Yangtze
2010 Crystal 7-day E. Med [Athens to Rome]
2011 Holland America 10-day W. Med [Rome to Monaco]
2012 Silversea 14-day Athens/Venice & Venice/Monaco
2013 Seabourn 20-day Rivieras, Rome, & Greek Isles [Marseille to Athens]
2013/2014 Holland America 7-day Eastern Caribbean
2014 Seabourn 14-day Grecian Treasures & the Adriatic [R/T Athens]
2014/2015 Holland American 7-day Western Caribbean
2015 Seabourn 14-day Aegean Odyssey [Istanbul-Athens]
2015 Crystal 7-day New England Adventure [R/T New York]
2016 Seabourn 20-day Gems of Arabia and the Holy Land
2016 Holland America 11-day Panama Canal
2017 Seabourn 21-day Ultimate Antarctica & Patagonia
2017 Oceania 7-day Mediterranean Gems (Athens-Rome)
2017 Seabourn 14-day Atlantic Coast Harbors (Montreal - Miami)
2018 (upcoming) Seabourn 12-day Gems of Italy & Adriatic (Monaco-Venice)
#28
Kailua, Hawaii
849 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Originally posted by whystayhome
Just off the Quest. Trivia winner was determined everyday rather than the cumulative total I have experienced in the past. Linda
On our last Seabourn cruise (about 3 months ago), Handre held trivia late afternoon on several port days (as well as the "standard" noon on sea days). I'm pretty sure they had daily as well as cumulative winners (but not all that sure as we didn't make the last couple of sessions).