Seabourn Cruise Line

Read Seabourn Cruise Reviews written by cruisers just like you.

Find Your Seabourn Cruises Roll Call

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:12 PM.
668 Posts
Joined May 2013
Originally posted by markham
The RM is Ali and I hope that everyone who meets him is as impressed with his diligence as you and I were and then includes him in their post-cruise surveys as a "top performer".

Heather left Seabourn as a CD 2 years ago. She went to Oceania, I believe.

Happy and healthy sailing!

110% agree Markham. I was very impressed by Ali. At first I didn't realize who he was because he spoke to us every day at lunch and I didn't pay much attention to his title. Then I thought: who is this guy...and realized he was the Restaurant Manager. He is a very genuine, warm person. I was very impressed by him compared to some of the other officers (I will not name them) who never spoke to us. Ali is a real gem and I hope we will sail with him in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
668 Posts
Joined May 2013
I Marama, thanks for adding your comments and glad that you enjoyed your cruise. Just to clarify, the comment I made regarding the seat cushions was related to the vinyl covered cushions outdoors in the Collonade, not the outdoor striped cushions at the aft deck of the Square. Those were proper (Sunbrella type fabric) and quite nice, the cushions in the Collonade were of inferior quality and too hot. They were not suitable for hot weather cruises ( and I suspect they would be cold and clammy for a cool weather cruise), so IMHO they need to be replaced.

668 Posts
Joined May 2013
I haven't received my post cruise email survey. I received a welcome home and thank you email from Rick Meadows but no survey. It over 2 weeks since disembarkation and thought I would have received it by now. Has anyone else received the survey?

london
1,362 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Yes, I received by email 3 days after the cruise ended. I think it was with the Rick Meadows letter. Maybe you should look again at your In box or else contact someone at Seabourn for it?

Happy and healthy sailing!
668 Posts
Joined May 2013
Thanks Markham, I double checked the Rick Meadows email and there is no sign of a survey. That email came 9 days after disembarkation so yours was much earlier. The last cruise I had the survey in a few day, so not sure why it has taken 2+ weeks. I guess a call will be required.

Europe
379 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
Sun prince - I misread your post about the new sofa- wondered why you didn't like the new striped ones! Agree with you and Markham about Ali - we were impressed by the time he spent working the Colonnade at mealtimes.
San Francisco
579 Posts
Joined Feb 2009
Originally posted by Sunprince
I haven't received my post cruise email survey. I received a welcome home and thank you email from Rick Meadows but no survey. It over 2 weeks since disembarkation and thought I would have received it by now. Has anyone else received the survey?
Same here, 15 days since debarkation and no email survey - this had never happened before for me. Now I know I wasn't the only one.
Lancashire
629 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
six Seabourn cruises and never any email survey ( not counting first two where there was a paper on board survey, dropped off in the suite towards the end of the cruise).

I find it a little vexing as we would want to comment on a few things, but when back from vacation I'm too busy with more important tasks to spare the time chasing Seabourn to send me one.
Scandinavian living in UK
646 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Surprised to read about the lack of post-cruise questionnaires. A couple of times I've received mine later on disembarkation day, that just adds to my disembark low mood! Sounds like a possible glitch in SB's systems.
Europe
379 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
Markham and Leesre, sorry, I've only just noticrd you comments about Heather. Thank you for the info - what a shame I won't be seeing her on Seabourn.
Louisiana
32 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
To the people that cruised, could you add a little (or refer me to your review) about the ports? I am having trouble finding any comments about excursions and we are looking at doing "Adriatic & Greek Glories" in July 2018. This itinerary has some of the smaller cities (Siberia, Kotor, Corfu, Nydri, Gythion and Naupilion) and I am curious if you all did something fun there. Also, how easy was it to walk off the boat and do your own thing? Thanks for any insight you can offer.

North Wales
547 Posts
Joined Jun 2012
The only 2 I can help you with are Corfu - try and join the shopping with the chef. Advertised the night before and limited to the first 20 or so people to sign up at Seabourn square. The other is Nydri. A slightly tacky seaside town but there is a walk (or cycle or taxi) up to the waterfall. Even if you get a taxi the last 350m is uneven ground with a bit of a scramble in places. A mere trickle in July but still pretty. Very busy after about 10:30am though.