Just off the 11/6/17 sailing of the Equinox

tawcat

Posted a review of the sailing. Will provide link once approved.

We were a bit disappointed for some reason. Celebrity has really cut back on those little things that made cruising enjoyable. Nit picking here, but every time we ordered at or from a bar staff we had to ask for napkins. I hate puddles on tables and to me its ridiculous not to provide a napkin.

Embarkation took forever. Recalling prior cruises we'd go to the appropriate line, process through and wait for maybe an hour before being allowed on ship. This process we stood in line for maybe 45 minutes, once we were done we immediately proceeded to board. This surely alleviated the big rush to the buffet.

Disembarkation in Miami was a breeze, no Customs or Immigration. The Immigration was conducted prior to going ashore in Key West.

We stayed at the Springhill Marriott next to the medical center the night before. Great place to stay, a bit remote, but the hotel restaurant was not bad. They did provide a shuttle service, $10 per person the pier and offered a post cruise shuttle for $10 per person. We opted to that to guarantee us a transportation to Miami airport. The post cruise shuttle was quite confusing. You called for pickup and waited. Never told on the front end where to wait etc. We ended up waiting for almost an hour. Can't blame the driver, he was just doing what the bosses told him to do.

Not sure what else I can say. I'll check the thread occasionally for the next few days, if you have a specific question I'll try to answer it.

sorry to hear that you noticed some cutbacks. we are sailing on Dec. 9, 2017 and hope your experiences were temporary. were you in a suite, sky suite or regular cabin?

Did you have the "to go" pkgs for internet, liquor and tips?

We're just off the Reflection's Partial Panama Canal transit sailing of November 3rd and we were also disappointed. I noted the napkin issue also. There were lots of issues in the dining room. Since early dinner seating wasn't available when we booked (early January, Concierge class) we took Select dining. We like to share tables but often would be the first ones seated at a table and have to wait 15-20 minutes for the table to be filled. Even after we complained about this, it still occurred. At our first breakfast, it took 15 minutes just to get coffee and an hour to get the pastry/rolls/croissants. Staff were circulating at all the other tables but ours seemed to be invisible. We complained along with another couple but it wasn't taken seriously and nothing done to make us feel better. Yet when we were on a Norwegian cruise and there was an issue in the dining room, it was taken seriously and a platter of chocolate-covered strawberries was delivered to our room. Celebrity says it's more of a luxury line than Norwegian but we certainly didn't feel it!

Another minor issue. I like to have cinnamon in my cappuccino. It was available at Cafe Bacio on the fifth floor but when I asked for it at Bacio 2 at the Oceanview Cafe, they said they don't have it. I spoke to one of the managers walking the floor at Oceanview. When I got back to our room, I had a message saying that cinnamon is available at Cafe Bacio - which I know. So, I tried to contact the person who left the message. Her phone extension wasn't working, so I had to leave a message with someone else who answered the phone. The next time I went to Bacio at Oceanview I got my cinnamon. Then, the next time, it was gone. I sat waiting for 10 minutes for my cappuccino and the server said he had to go downstairs to get cinnamon. . . Can't understand why they can't just keep a shaker of cinnamon and chocolate there rather than causing these issues. Hubby doesn't like the coffee at Bacio on 5. So, either I'd have to get a to-go cup there with my cinnamon or go without. I hate drinking out of to-go cups.

Posted a review of the sailing. Will provide link once approved.

We were a bit disappointed for some reason. Celebrity has really cut back on those little things that made cruising enjoyable. Nit picking here, but every time we ordered at or from a bar staff we had to ask for napkins. I hate puddles on tables and to me its ridiculous not to provide a napkin.

Embarkation took forever. Recalling prior cruises we'd go to the appropriate line, process through and wait for maybe an hour before being allowed on ship. This process we stood in line for maybe 45 minutes, once we were done we immediately proceeded to board. This surely alleviated the big rush to the buffet.

Disembarkation in Miami was a breeze, no Customs or Immigration. The Immigration was conducted prior to going ashore in Key West.

We stayed at the Springhill Marriott next to the medical center the night before. Great place to stay, a bit remote, but the hotel restaurant was not bad. They did provide a shuttle service, $10 per person the pier and offered a post cruise shuttle for $10 per person. We opted to that to guarantee us a transportation to Miami airport. The post cruise shuttle was quite confusing. You called for pickup and waited. Never told on the front end where to wait etc. We ended up waiting for almost an hour. Can't blame the driver, he was just doing what the bosses told him to do.

Not sure what else I can say. I'll check the thread occasionally for the next few days, if you have a specific question I'll try to answer it.

Thanks for the feedback. I agree that small things mean a lot and sometimes makes the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on this cruise, embarkation was a breeze, arrived at 11:30 and was on ship at 12:15.

We were very disappointed with main dining (menu and quality). Our last NCL had better food. Seemed to always be seated by the waiter stations, noisy and crowded. Ate at Tuscan twice, was very good. Buffet was a madhouse during breakfast and lunch. Bloody Mary's at all bars we used were bland tasting. Had good bar service overall. Stateroom service was fine.

We were on the Oct 27 sailing on Equinox and I kept thinking oh well another nail in Celebrity’s coffin. The bar issue is a

Biggie on many levels. The breakfast in Blu has definitely deteriorated though the dinners where as always excellent and the service was impeccable at all times. The staff was fantastic. We have one more cruise booked and the. We’ll see.

I was also on the Equinox 11/6/2017 cruise.

Embarkation was easy and quick, but I did arrive at 11 AM. I did here that some people who arrived early afternoon waited a very long time.

Breakfast in the MDR has not changed. Had good prompt service, good food, always able to share a table with others.

In the Elite cocktail lounge, there were always napkins with drinks. Bar service there was good as well. They are still serving appetizers, some cold and some hot. I didn't drink too much at the other bars, and didn't notice napkins not being served, as I always got one.

Select Dining was a mess for the first few nights. It seemed that they were not honoring reservations. I made all mine ahead of time online, and even though they were in the computer, we still had to wait the first few nights. It seemed that there was a big real early dining crowd on this ship, which caused a backlog. I even saw people standing outside the MDR at 5:15 PM waiting for Select Dining to open. It did straighten out by the 4th night though. As far as food, it is so subjective, some nights the choices were better than others, but whatever I ordered tasted good. Tuscan Grill was very good.

Debarking in Miami was very smooth. I was off the ship by 7:45 AM and on my way to FLL shortly thereafter.

We were on the Equinox 11/6 sailing along with friends who had previously only sailed on Royal. We all had a great time with no complaints to speak of. Arrived before 11am and saw no lines at check-in. Aside from one evening at Silk Harvest ate all our dinners in mdr. No complaints with food quality which has improved since our last Equinox cruise back in February. Thanks to the Go Best package did most of our drinking at the martini bar where EVERY drink was served with a napkin. Friends were very impressed with X. They enjoyed the food, drink, entertainment, guest lecturers and especially cd Rich Spacey who really cracked them up.

We're just off the Reflection's Partial Panama Canal transit sailing of November 3rd and we were also disappointed. I noted the napkin issue also. There were lots of issues in the dining room. Since early dinner seating wasn't available when we booked (early January, Concierge class) we took Select dining. We like to share tables but often would be the first ones seated at a table and have to wait 15-20 minutes for the table to be filled. Even after we complained about this, it still occurred. At our first breakfast, it took 15 minutes just to get coffee and an hour to get the pastry/rolls/croissants. Staff were circulating at all the other tables but ours seemed to be invisible. We complained along with another couple but it wasn't taken seriously and nothing done to make us feel better. Yet when we were on a Norwegian cruise and there was an issue in the dining room, it was taken seriously and a platter of chocolate-covered strawberries was delivered to our room. Celebrity says it's more of a luxury line than Norwegian but we certainly didn't feel it!

Being made to wait for a long time is a bad trend,, On Infinity recently we went to the MDR for lunch, Requested a table for 2.....big mistake!

They took us way back to the big window area and seated us at a so called table for 2 on the end...We were ignored for more than 30 mins ( no rolls, iced tea, etc,) as they filled in across the rear..all very closely situated tbls for 2.. but .really one long tbl area..,

Then the excruciating wait for order to be taken and eventually delivered.. Very slow, inattentive, erroneous and clumsy service, We never went back there for lunch. Glad we had BLU for breakfast and dinner!

Being made to wait for a long time is a bad trend,, On Infinity recently we went to the MDR for lunch, Requested a table for 2.....big mistake!

They took us way back to the big window area and seated us at a so called table for 2 on the end...We were ignored for more than 30 mins ( no rolls, iced tea, etc,) as they filled in across the rear..all very closely situated tbls for 2.. but .really one long tbl area..,

Then the excruciating wait for order to be taken and eventually delivered.. Very slow, inattentive, erroneous and clumsy service, We never went back there for lunch. Glad we had BLU for breakfast and dinner!

Sounds like a talk with the Maitre 'd was in order along with the F&B Manager... I bet it would not have happened again...

Sorry for the challenges encountered, that was extraordinary for sure and uncalled for.

bon voyage

We did speak to the maitre d...and put it on a comment card...but it seems from chatting with others , it is SOP to wait for tables to fill at lunch and breakfast before taking orders ..We tried to avoid that by requesting a table for 2 but ended up with the same situation anyhow.

Too few staff and very mass feeding!

We were spoiled by Bistro on 5, our former go to place lunch place which was disontinued.

We did speak to the maitre d...and put it on a comment card...but it seems from chatting with others , it is SOP to wait for tables to fill at lunch and breakfast before taking orders ..We tried to avoid that by requesting a table for 2 but ended up with the same situation anyhow.

Too few staff and very mass feeding!

We were spoiled by Bistro on 5, our former go to place lunch place which was disontinued.

Definitely agree on missing Bistro on 5. Was always my go to when boarding and needing nourishment and any times I desired more low key dining...not to mention those great desserty crepes...the nutella one especially. Yup!

sorry to hear that you noticed some cutbacks. we are sailing on Dec. 9, 2017 and hope your experiences were temporary. were you in a suite, sky suite or regular cabin?

Did you have the "to go" pkgs for internet, liquor and tips?

Regular cabin, had all the perks.

We arrived at the terminal about 11am, not sure how y'all were not in lines. From the time we got off the shuttle until we boarded the ship we were in lines. We did notice that once we got upstairs and through security the shortest lines to process were those that had no tier level in Captain's Club (first time cruisers line.)

I remember the days of a three page dinner menu, now you have one page, Starters and Entrees. The only menu item I had that wasn't up to par was the Swordfish. Several nights I ordered soup and salad starters and a shrimp cocktail as my entree.

Cruising is still better than any land vacation.

We arrived at the terminal about 11am, not sure how y'all were not in lines. From the time we got off the shuttle until we boarded the ship we were in lines. We did notice that once we got upstairs and through security the shortest lines to process were those that had no tier level in Captain's Club (first time cruisers line.)

I remember the days of a three page dinner menu, now you have one page, Starters and Entrees. The only menu item I had that wasn't up to par was the Swordfish. Several nights I ordered soup and salad starters and a shrimp cocktail as my entree.

Cruising is still better than any land vacation.

Thx for this feedback, tawcat, and for others who've chimed in.