Beginner's Scuba Dive - Aruba

Bandet

Has anyone ever done the Beginners Scuba Dive in Aruba? My buddy and I are wanting to go we are both very comfortable in the water he goes spear fishing all the time we just have never gotten cert. and wanted to see if anyone has done this thru Carnival Tours?

Minimum age: 12 years

Activity Level: Difficult

Duration 4 Hours

Excursion Overview

Excursion Description

Learn to dive in one day and discover the beauty of Aruba’s underwater world. On this excursion, you will:

• Learn the basics of scuba diving during a one-hour pool session and a one-tank boat dive, under the guidance of a professional instructor.

• Dive a shallow wreck, the Pedernalis, an oil tanker torpedoed by a German submarine during World War II.

• Explore the wreck’s large pieces spread out between coral formations on the sea floor, to a maximum depth of approximately 25 feet.

• Marvel at the area around the Pedernalis wreck, known for its many types of groupers and its bounty of angel fish.

NOTE: Minimum age is 12 years; maximum weight is 350 lbs. Scuba gear included. Dive is approximately 40 minutes. Medical waiver from doctor required for guests with medical issues. This is not a certification course and therefore a universally recognized certification card “C-Card” will not be issued to guests. Please refer to the Tour Operator’s Diving Policy prior to booking. Dive site is subject to change.

I haven't done the Aruba one, but I have done this through Carnival before and I loved it. So much that I went all the way through to Divemaster and help teach classes like these. Comfort in the water is the number one thing. The people who have trouble with things like this panic when something doesn't go quite right. They will give you a brief class and then cover the ability to clear water from your mask and recover your regulator if it comes out of your mouth. The last thing is clearing you ears and some basic hand signals. After that you're off for a fairly shallow dive. Have fun with it. It may be something you love and decided you have to get certified.

Archived