Hotels in Rome and Barcelona?

Genoabay

When you sin into MY ACCOUNT on the website if you look under Manage this booking then click on HOTELS is should give you the hotels they use & the prices they charge PP

Then you can weigh your options on booking your own hotel/transfers or using the cruise line option

We stayed in the Hotel Cardinal Cesi in Rome which is literally at the entrance to the Vatican. It was quite lovely.

In Barcelona we stayed in the Hotel Gaudi and the Hotel Jazz. The Hotel Gaudi is right on Las Ramblas and very very nice. Hotel Jazz is a bit off Las Ramblas and also quite nice.

Charlotte

I don't know your budget or expectations. When in Rome I've been in the Smeraldo at the Campo Di Fiore several times. For Barcelona stayed at both the Continental and it's sister Continental Palace. Not 5 stars, but either before or after an Oceania cruise, more normal for me. Love the location for each.

I don't know your budget or expectations. .

In Barcelona, we stayed at Hotel Jazz for 1 night, pre-cruise. It was nice and very contemporary. Great rate! However, we would probably not stay there again. ;)

For our 2 night post-cruise stay, it was The Hotel El Palace https://www.hotelpalacebarcelona.com/. A wonderful traditional hotel! We will stay there again if we ever return for an overnight. On our last visit we overnighted on the ship. :D

In Rome, it's always been Hotel Canada for us! I believe that we completed our 5th stay this past May. We like it for the family run atmosphere, the large rooms and bathrooms, the included breakfast buffet, and the close proximity to the Termini and subway. And if you are an avid walker, all the major attractions are within walking distance. More than a hop and a skip, but close enough for a brisk stroll. http://www.hotelcanadaroma.com/en/

We did once stay, post cruise, at a small boutique hotel near the Vatican. Very convenient for our targeted sightseeing that visit, but also had very small rooms with no breakfast included. http://www.vaticanview.com/en/

To OP,

It would be helpful for you to post your budget.

While Hassler may be wonderful, it’s not in everyone’s budget starting for a basic room at around 500 Euro (non cancellable rate for a random date in Sept 2018) and going way up from there (up to 15,000 Euro/night :D)

To OP,

It would be helpful for you to post your budget.

While Hassler may be wonderful, it’s not in everyone’s budget starting for a basic room at around 500 Euro (non cancellable rate for a random date in Sept 2018) and going way up from there (up to 15,000 Euro/night :D)

Agreed.

Don't bother to pay the earth for a hotel.You will be so busy you won't be using it much.

Rome has good 'value' hotels and so much is accessible by foot.

In Barcelona - Hotel Midmost or Hotel Murmuri

In Rome - Hotel Villa Duse; it's in a residential neighborhood near LUISS University and within walking distance of the Borghese gardens. It's in a great location if you want to be away the noise and tourists of the city center and all the attractions. A bus that goes to the city center is at the corner. It's in a former villa and includes breakfast in a lovely room.

If you want to be centrally located in Rome (handy if you like to pop into your hotel during the day and if you want to see things on foot), the most central location is near the Pantheon extending to Trevi Fountain on one side and to Piazza Navona/Campo dei Fiori on the other.

I've stayed in many hotels in Rome (I try to go there once a year!) in many locations but my favorite area is still near the Pantheon. The Albergo del Senato is a wonderful hotel in the traditional Italian style but well updated -- and with views of the Pantheon if you are lucky. If your budget doesn't run to that, other hotels that are less expensive in the area but still very decent include the Albergo Santa Chiara (located just behind the Pantheon) and the Albergo Cesari, which is about midway between the Pantheon and Trevi Fountain in a very 'happening' area in the evenings.

In Barcelona we stayed at several hotels within budget. Location was important. We like the Eixample area and we want to be close to transportation both bus and metro. The first two times we stayed in a boutique hotel called the Hotel Praktik Rambla on the Rambla de Catalonia. This is a really old building where every room is different. The price went up substantially so we stayed at the Hotel Jazz last year. We liked it a lot. This is a modern hotel with very good amenties. The location was good but not as nice as the Praktik.When we went to book it again this year the price went up as well. We took a gamble and based on trip advidor reviews booked the Hotel Acta Atrium Palace Gran Vía de les Corts Catalanes. Great location and service. Of the three hotels, we would would return to all three but given the price the Acta was the best. Modern hotel in a great location.

In Rome, we stayed at 3 different B&B's. We like small boutique style hotels but beware that you make sure they have elevators. We learned the hard way that their 2nd floor is a U.S. 3rd floor going up steep flights of uneven stairs which is normal in a 500 year building. The B&B's are usually in great locations but not for everyone since they may be too intimate with only several rooms.

Agreed. Fantastic location, competitive pricing and a short walk to a family-owned restaurant that serves incredible food.

Rob,

Do you remember the name of the restaurant? We will be staying in an apartment in Rome next year for five days with our grandson and it is near the IQ hotel. We would like to check out the restaurant.

Many thanks,

Billie

Sent from my iPad using Forums

O uses Hotel Majestic in Barcelona. About 5 blocks from Las Ramblas which is about right for me since I don't like crowds. The Hotel has a nice rooftop bar/sandwich area. The entire staff spoke excellent English and service was very good. The location is high end so finding an economical restaurant might be tough. I would stay there again.

We’ve been to Rome several times and highly recommend the 15 Keys. One of the top rated hotels( more like a B&B) on TripAdvisor in Rome. Neighborhood is non-touristy but 10 minute walk to the Coliseum. For the $ it’s unbeatable. :)