My DH has been to San Francisco before and he has done the Alcatraz day tour so I would like to do the Alcatraz night tour. I do not want to buy tickets through the excursion desk, I want to order from

the Alcatraz ticket sight. My question is, has anyone done this and how do we get to Pier 33 and back to the ship? Thank you...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Google Alcatraz tours. There is an official ticket site that you can buy tickets from. Note that the night tours are not available during certain times of the year. There is a schedule page on the website that shows what tours are available for any given date. BTW, the fairy to the island is only a short ways from where the ship docks.

Ok, take a breath. Some research on the West Coast Departures board would be good. The "ferry" (not "fairy") is only provided by one provider ( not associated with Princess), and a little research would get tons of info.

And, a quick look look on the West Coast Departures board would should the distance to the Alcatraz pier is very short.

The Alcatraz ferry and port are within a short walk. The ferry is at Pier 33 and the cruise port is at Pier 35 with overflow at Pier 27 - very walkable. Did the night tour a few years ago -- really enjoyed it. Different from the daytime. https://www.alcatrazcruises.com

Absolutely NOT true. Such bad info. The cruise terminal is at Pier 27, just boarded the only ship in port that day, there a couple of weeks ago. If more than one ship, Pier 35 is one of the options to back up Pier 27.

This is one reason some reading on the more appropriate board..the West Coast Departures board, would be beneficial.

Yes, the Alcatraz ferry (not "fairy") is at Pier 33...a short walk away.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Ok, take a breath. Some research on the West Coast Departures board would be good. The "ferry" (not "fairy") is only provided by one provider ( not associated with Princess), and a little research would get tons of info.

And, a quick look look on the West Coast Departures board would should the distance to the Alcatraz pier is very short.

It’s sad when people take the time to correct someone’s spelling.

It’s sad when people take the time to correct someone’s spelling.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I think everyone should just do what that particular poster said and "would should the distance". If you can figure it out. :confused:

Highly recommend the night tour--have done it a number of times with out of state guests. Very different from the day tour (very spooky!). As stated earlier, get your tickets early!!! Check the website for availability and order through the official site.

Sent from my iPad using Forums