Evening chic

goldfish1111

The evening chic nights guidelines allow for a very wide variety of interpretation. I think most people tend to dress up slightly more to a lot more than on the other nights. The way you suggested in your post would be acceptable however it would be more casual than the majority will probably be dressed.

It might be hot outside but all the interior spaces will be air conditioned. Long sleeves might be welcome.

I agree and he might also want to cover his arms to prevent sun burn. We always bring one long sleeve shirt (at least) when sailing in the summer or to the Caribbean.....you never know when you might want it and it doesn't weigh enough to make a difference.

As to OP's question.....he'll be fine on chic nights. Some will be wearing formal wear most will not.....I wouldn't wear a tee shirt but a polo or golf shirt would be fine. I will say that DH usually wears his long sleeve shirt to the MDR because it tends to be cooler than he likes.

Hi. Can my husband wear slacks and a short sleeve polo on evening chic nights? We will be on the Summit sailing around the Caribbean. Thanks

Sure, why not. If he finds the AC too cool, he can always run back to the cabin for a hoodie. :rolleyes: Why make the effort to wear a buttoned shirt on chic night?

The evening chic nights guidelines allow for a very wide variety of interpretation. I think most people tend to dress up slightly more to a lot more than on the other nights. The way you suggested in your post would be acceptable however it would be more casual than the majority will probably be dressed.

If you are talking to me Luvcrsn; then yes it is probably more casual as some will dress. :) Our problem is that we live in Cozumel, Mexico and dressing up for us is nice capris for me and dress shorts & a polo shirt for my husband. Our wardrobe; especially my husband's does not include fancy clothes. And we wear sandals all year round.

We liked the formal nights on Celebrity and also like the Evening Chic nights. We usually dress up on those nights, I'll wear either a suit or sport coat with a tie. My DW will wear either a evening type dress or slacks with a fancy top and she always looks gorgeous! I think the intent of the previous Formal Night and the current Evening Chic nights was to make those evening dinners special. But with the current "casual anytime" mode, those special dinners are a thing of the past. To the OP's question, slacks and a polo/golf shirt will fit in just fine.

DH and I will be in more formal wear than most! I love to get all dressed up and this will no different on our next cruise. We tend to dress a little lessformal on regular nights but will dress to the nines on "chic" night!

snow bunny

I like your style!! Couldn't agree more:D

On September 2017 Infinity cruise, we saw most people observing the required dress for chic night. I had a button down long sleeve collared shirt and dressy black jeans, and fit right in. Also saw suites and a few tuxes too.

What you propose is fine according to Celebrity guidelines and remember this only applies to the Main Dining Room, not Luminae, Blu or Specialties.

Thanks everybody for your feedback. It seems that you are free to wear what you are most comfortable in and I like that!

That's pretty much it....although I would definitely not wear shorts or flip flops or tee shirt...I have seen people wearing those items politely referred to the OVC.