[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:59 AM.
New Cumberland,PA, USA
28,522 Posts
Joined May 2000
Originally posted by Shmoo here
OK, but the question is - is the whole trip not covered just because Puerto Rico is visited?

That's what the poster on the other thread was told. That their cruise that included a stop in St Thomas and San Juan would not be covered, if they had any medical issues.

Seems to me that any ports that are in foreign countries should be covered, but not any stop(s) in US held territories.

I know, for medical coverages, once you've boarded a cruise ship you're considered "out of country", so, except for those ports where you re-enter US space for the day, all other locations that you might require assistance in should be covered. But I could be wrong - I hope not.

We're considering getting an annual plan from GeoBlue since we have several trips planned in the next year. But one of those trips may include a stop in St. Thomas (or maybe San Juan).
I again looked at the policy language (of the annual policy) and see nothing that indicated coverage would be invalidated if one stopped at a US Port. The policy covers the first 70 days of an unlimited number of trips during the policy year. While one could make an argument that there is no coverage in a US Territory (your regular insurance...even Medicare would be effective) once you left that Territory the policy would certainly be in force. And also keep in mind that it is an "annual" policy and not a trip policy. The major restriction on the Annual policy that has caused us some heartburn is the "70 day" rule. Because of this we generally limit our trips to 70 days....and in fact actually take some trips that are exactly 70 days in length.

It would not be a good policy for an entire World Cruise .

Hank
SoCal
10,368 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
Originally posted by Hlitner
I again looked at the policy language (of the annual policy) and see nothing that indicated coverage would be invalidated if one stopped at a US Port. The policy covers the first 70 days of an unlimited number of trips during the policy year. While one could make an argument that there is no coverage in a US Territory (your regular insurance...even Medicare would be effective) once you left that Territory the policy would certainly be in force. And also keep in mind that it is an "annual" policy and not a trip policy. The major restriction on the Annual policy that has caused us some heartburn is the "70 day" rule. Because of this we generally limit our trips to 70 days....and in fact actually take some trips that are exactly 70 days in length.

It would not be a good policy for an entire World Cruise .

Hank
So, what if you're on a trip that's close to that 70 day limit and you go over (unplanned)? You're just not covered for that portion longer than the 70 days? Or no more coverage for the rest of the year?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
DCLHAL CarnivalPrincess Vantage
21 Cruises, 13 ships, 202 nights