Amazing Royal Carribean! Thank you for EVERYTHING!

I just want to let everyone know how happy we are with Royal Carribean! We were on liberty of the seas that was diverted to Miami. They really treated us so well and tried to update us every step of the way. When we disembarked briefly in Miami they had shuttles to take us to the a nearby shopping area...there they had a tent set up with waters for us. In miami they boarded new entertainers for us. They really went above and beyond to take care of us during hurricane harvey. The service was beyond excellent. They kept us informed as much as they could. As we approached Galveston they had updates three times a day. They also gave us a list of gas stations with gas near the port. Today they told us all that if any of us felt uncomfortable traveling then we were welcome to stay aboard the ship. I'm just so impressed with how they handled this situation. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Every team member was just fantastic! We appreciated all of your efforts!

I agree-they went above and beyond to remedy something out of their control like the weather-free drinks one nite-free cocktail parties multiple nites, free transfers to Bayshore in Miami, award of points for all 12 days, everything was 1/2 price for our "Eastern Caribbean cruise". Actually felt a tad guilty because I don't think our cruise was the one they really fumbled

Did you get to see the midnite sail-away from the Port of Miami from the Viking Crown Lounge? Wow

Edited by Stallion

I agree-they went above and beyond to remedy something out of their control like the weather-free drinks one nite-free cocktail parties multiple nites, free transfers to Bayshore in Miami, award of points for all 12 days, everything was 1/2 price for our "Eastern Caribbean cruise". Actually felt a tad guilty because I don't think our cruise was the one they really fumbled

Did you get to see the midnite sail-away from the Port of Miami from the Viking Crown Lounge? Wow

I sure did....but even better...I stood at the front of the ship and watched the sail-away.....breathtaking!

Thanks so much for posting such a positive thread with good news. So many are so quick to post only when they are angry, upset, or have bad news....that many forget or neglect to post when they have compliments to share.

Good for you, and so happy everything worked out for you. Bravo!! :)

*Everyone* was wondering about how RC would deal with the points. Thanks for the info, ginger123snaps.

:)

When do they award them to us? I got the points for the first 7 days. We did make Emerald and they gave us stickers to put on our sea pass but then they took that sea pass when we got off the ship. I was wondering if they were going to give us those points. The Loyalty Ambassador told us he didn't know for certain because it was computer generated.

Great to read this thread. I'm glad RCI came through for you folks.

They treated us very well, but if they could have sent us off that ship on Sunday they would have. They thought they had a window of opportunity to disembark us. The Port refused them an exception. The treatment changed once they realized they were stuck with us. I know people who risked everything to get on the ship were not getting free cocktail parties and half-priced drinks and specialty restaurants. Yes, I really do appreciate the wonderful things they did for us, but on that Sunday I have to tell you, I was really scared. I had my three children, their spouses and my grandchildren on that cruise. Everyone I love was with me. I truly thought we were going to have to get off that ship with them and face God knows what. I have to be mindful of those who were sitting on the other side. My heart hurts for them and the stress they went through.

They treated us very well, but if they could have sent us off that ship on Sunday they would have. They thought they had a window of opportunity to disembark us. The Port refused them an exception. The treatment changed once they realized they were stuck with us. I know people who risked everything to get on the ship were not getting free cocktail parties and half-priced drinks and specialty restaurants. Yes, I really do appreciate the wonderful things they did for us, but on that Sunday I have to tell you, I was really scared. I had my three children, their spouses and my grandchildren on that cruise. Everyone I love was with me. I truly thought we were going to have to get off that ship with them and face God knows what. I have to be mindful of those who were sitting on the other side. My heart hurts for them and the stress they went through.

I hear you and I have all along said that RCI handled that part quite poorly and showed little respect for the next set of guests as well as the local people of Texas. I'm glad they stepped it up with this part of the cruise.

We got awarded for our days on the ship. Two days before disembarking they gave us letters with platinum stickers for our cards.

I had full confidence that Royal Caribbean would not disembark us in Galveston. They have regulations to abide by and the army corp would not have cleared them to let us off in a disaster zone even if they wanted to. The fact remains that they didn't and on our last night offered for any of us to stay on the ship for more days or another week. They did not have to do any of this...the hurricane was not their fault and feeding and boarding people for extra days does cost them $. They lost a lot of money also. I applaud them!

They also boarded supplies in Miami for hurricane victims. They gave out care packages to passengers whose homes were damaged. This is just wonderful! Lets look at the positives!

For those that were left stranded in Galveston...I'm so very sorry. I fully believe that if they could have they would have helped you guys as well. They did the best with what they could control.

Not sure about being awarded extra nights yet. Our crown and anchor has already been updated for this cruise showing credit for 7 nights. We disembarked in Miami, so I guess we will wait and see if there is any additional communication. Certainly not complaining, just comparing stories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk