St Barths

purpleally

Our December 5 sailing, many ports changed, understandably, due to hurricane damage. I was disappointed but accepted it when St Barths, my FAVORITE island was replaced with St Thomas ugh

However, Regent is stopping there today. Why can't Seabourn?:mad:

Mr. Luxury gives good advice, as usual. I would ask Seabourn and I would hazard a guess that the port, which may be receiving RSSC, may be limiting the amount of vessels they allow permits to. It makes sense as they don’t want the island, which is recovering, to have the extra strain of cruise passengers.

If this is the case it could be just the luck (or lack there of) of the draw and RSSC won a spot and Seabourn did not.

Bon voyage

There could be several reasons why Seabourn has made the decision to alter the itinerary. Or perhaps the decision was "made for them".

Cruisr covered the most likely in their earlier post, capacity of cruise visitors is probably limited and perhaps there are other ships due in port the same day as SB, and they've been given preference for whatever reason.

SB may use a different port agent to Regent and perhaps they've advised against the visit.

The reply I've been given in the past when asking about itinerary changes before the cruise has always been "the change was made for operational reasons". Once on board if you ask the question you may find out the actual reason.

There could be several reasons why Seabourn has made the decision to alter the itinerary. Or perhaps the decision was "made for them".

Cruisr covered the most likely in their earlier post, capacity of cruise visitors is probably limited and perhaps there are other ships due in port the same day as SB, and they've been given preference for whatever reason.

SB may use a different port agent to Regent and perhaps they've advised against the visit.

The reply I've been given in the past when asking about itinerary changes before the cruise has always been "the change was made for operational reasons". Once on board if you ask the question you may find out the actual reason.

I had no issue when they altered the itinerary. It was because of storm damage and St Barths was not accepting ships

I'm disappointed that, now they are accepting ships, we didn't get our spot back

It's still going to be a great cruise - St Barths is my fav