Contacting AirTahitiNui to choose seats

GeorgesGal

I contacted my TA to have O ticket our air deviation from Tahiti so we could choose our seats, which he was able to accomplish after a time. BUT ATN's web page does not give me the option to view seats. Their site had my ticket information, but no info at all about the plane itself.

Does anyone know how I can accomplish this?

Thanks for all your help!

I contacted my TA to have O ticket our air deviation from Tahiti so we could choose our seats' date=' which he was able to accomplish after a time. BUT ATN's web page does not give me the option to view seats. Their site had my ticket information, but no info at all about the plane itself.

Thanks for all your help![/quote']

Can't help but can warn you that, for seat comfort, this is one of the worst airlines I've ever experienced.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I contacted my TA to have O ticket our air deviation from Tahiti so we could choose our seats' date=' which he was able to accomplish after a time. BUT ATN's web page does not give me the option to view seats. Their site had my ticket information, but no info at all about the plane itself.

Thanks for all your help![/quote']

Donna.We found out we had to phone them (from England,).Try that.Even though we chose our seats over the phone months ago,we still cannot see them on our booking...Good luck.

Their site had my ticket information' date=' but no info at all about the plane itself.[/quote']

Yes, you probably will have to phone ATN. In the US, their toll-free number is (877) 824-4846. It's not 24/7, but pretty much normal business hours seven days per week.

Before phoning them, you can view a seating chart here assuming you'll be on their PPT-LAX route: https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air_Tahiti_Nui/Air_Tahiti_Nui_Airbus_A340-300.php. Mind you, this doesn't show available seats as a proper airline website would, but it does allow you to ask for what you think will work best for you and to see what the phone rep is talking about when he/she tells you what is available.

We are also flying to Tahiti,early next year I had the same question George's Gal...... and I did call ATN they gave us are seat numbers, ask for an email with are seat location # 's she said she could not ....it being a Charter flight.

Donna.We found out we had to phone them (from England,).Try that.Even though we chose our seats over the phone months ago,we still cannot see them on our booking...Good luck.

Just a little tip sometimes not all the club seats have been sold last year we were able to upgrade for a small extra payment at the airport ,get in the queue when the check in opens ,well worth it .

Can't help but can warn you that, for seat comfort, this is one of the worst airlines I've ever experienced.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Forums mobile app

I can second that, and also Gallic customer service, neither my TV screen or light worked and when I called an attendant he gave a very French shrug and said "I know!" and walked off. So a long flight and couldn't watch a film or read!

But the free drinks were so plentiful one chap had to be taken off the plane in a wheelchair after he was released from the toilet where he had fallen asleep, AND he was pushed to the head of the immigration queue :confused:

Thank you all for your responses. My TA got back to me with our seat assignments 35 A and B. To move further forward' date=' we would have had to be in the center bank of seats - no thanks! He also told me we would be flying a Boeing.[/quote']

Must be a codeshare then, I wonder with who, because ATN only has Airbus 340's for their TP flights.

Yes, but I don't think they're made by Boeing.

Obviously they're Airbus. I suspect the travel agent misspoke about Boeing. I'm on the same cruise as the OP, and I booked the air myself. There are two ATN non stop flights to LAX on disembarkation day at 11 pm and 11:59 pm. Both are on ATN metal, both A340s . American is code sharing on the 11:59 ATN flight.

Edited by njhorseman

Obviously they're Airbus. I suspect the travel agent misspoke about Boeing. I'm on the same cruise as the OP, and I booked the air myself. There are two ATN non stop flights to LAX on disembarkation day at 11 pm and 11:59 pm. Both are on ATN metal, both A340s . American is code sharing on the 11:59 ATN flight.
Yes, they are all A340s. The only plane they fly. Supposedly some Boeing 787 Dreamliners are on order. Not a moment too soon. Those seats are the worst.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Forums mobile app

Yes, they are all A340s. The only plane they fly. Supposedly some Boeing 787 Dreamliners are on order. Not a moment too soon. Those seats are the worst.

It seems my TA was mistaken about the airline being Boeing. It is in fact an Airbus. I don't like the report on seat comfort and wonder if they had replaced the original seats with their own torture chamber seating, as I just flew the same equipment a month ago and was perfectly comfortable :confused:

It seems my TA was mistaken about the airline being Boeing. It is in fact an Airbus. I don't like the report on seat comfort and wonder if they had replaced the original seats with their own torture chamber seating' date=' as I just flew the same equipment a month ago and was perfectly comfortable :confused:[/quote']3 problems with them...Okay 4.

1. The armrests don't lift. They are 2-4-2 so even if you are seated in the two seats, you can't lift the arm rest.

2. The seat is hard as a brick.

3. There is very little leg room. When the person in front of you reclines, you can set their hair if you are so inclined.

4. The entertainment is poor. The flight is what, 9 or 10 hours?

We flew home on Tahiti Nui after our cruise on the Marina. Oceania had chartered an extra flight since there were so many passengers flying home that day, so we were on a 10am flight. Their economy seats are standard for the Airbus 340 at 33" pitch and 18" width (which is 1" wider than some of the seats on AA and UA). Service was friendly, better than on the legacy airlines. Seats are no harder than any of the other airline seats we have flown on. Entertainment options were poor, but I had downloaded some movies and tv shows on my ipad.

Agree with grmmybtty. Flew ATN last May and was worried with all the dire warnings about service and comfort. Found the seats to be fine, and entertainment selection reasonable. The food was actually quite good, and service warm and friendly. Look forward to flying with them again next year. Their hours at LAX are limited- about 4 hours prior and 2 hours post daily flights. Enjoy your cruise.