Riviera - Venice to Rome 6-14 November - comments from on board

Hambagahle

We had zero plumbing issues in our suite (Vista on 9). Two bathrooms functioned perfectly.

We are now off the ship (boo hoo!!). We were collected right outside Customs by a limo driver and 2 hours later (LOTS of traffic in Rome...) we were at Termini. High speed train to Milano Centrale was a great experience. 300km/hr and a nice light lunch (with wine) served on board. We go home tomorrow which is a quick train ride - under 3 hours.

I will write a review for CC shortly but I have to say that the on board services/food/ambiance etc exceeded our expectations. We had a GREAT time. Negatives? Internet slow...but it did work. I did not like being called "Géraldine" every time we boarded the ship by the security officer (I never use the name and I happen to hate it!!) She should have used my last name. But that is a minor issue. Suite was perfect though the weather was not. (lots of rain and colder than it should have been). It was lovely to meet others from these boards as well. I am jealous of the 90plus CCers who are on board now for the TA. !!

I'm sorry, it was the Marina that the other poster mentioned have those issues.

Glad to hear every thing is going good on the Riviera, it's one of our favorites.

I must not have been thinking clearly when I posted that. I blame it on old age as it was too early for me to start drinking.

We are going on the Marina instead of the Riviera.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for your excellent review.

Sitting on Crystal Serenity and wondering if we will ever return to Oceania.

Would O only have some longer cruises NY to NY as 10 days just does not do it for us. After our current cruise we will no longer fly to catch a cruise,

Thank you for the kind comment!

I know what you mean about flying. We won't take a domestic flight in the US and only fly Swiss on our international flights to and from the US. We were SO happy to be able to get to and from the ports on this last cruise by train. It was very comfortable and so easy. And the ultra high speed train Rome to Milan was amazing - we treated ourselves to the Executive class and had reclining seats AND a nice meal served at the seat with wine etc at no additional charge. I would do that again tomorrow if I could!

Thank you for the kind comment!

I know what you mean about flying. We won't take a domestic flight in the US and only fly Swiss on our international flights to and from the US. We were SO happy to be able to get to and from the ports on this last cruise by train. It was very comfortable and so easy. And the ultra high speed train Rome to Milan was amazing - we treated ourselves to the Executive class and had reclining seats AND a nice meal served at the seat with wine etc at no additional charge. I would do that again tomorrow if I could!

We often speak about the incredible journey we had aboard the Glacier Express almost 40 years ago. There is something about the Swiss Rail first class!

Unfortunately US railways in no way compare.

We often speak about the incredible journey we had aboard the Glacier Express almost 40 years ago. There is something about the Swiss Rail first class!

Unfortunately US railways in no way compare.

Our trains are great. I love the Glacier Express. But we don't have high speed trains - we would run out of country!! The Italian trains -- Rome to Milan in UNDER 3 hours! We loved it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Bravo on your wonderfully-written review, Gerry. It was great to meet you after all our emailing trying to nail down a date & time to 'Meet & Greet' on this port-intensive Venice to Rome sailing. And then to find out on boarding that meeting in Horizons was out of the question due to the large groups using all the space. But with the ship's help, we got it moved to the Grand Bar hallway and virtually everyone showed up.

In the end, it was all SO worth the effort. And we met some super-neat Cruise Critters, didn't we!

~ Linda