***Platinum & Diamond Concierge Service***

I have booked shore excursions for our upcoming cruise in September and received the 15 percent savings. I will use the 4 hours complimentary internet, although Seabourn really should include internet use for everyone -- at no charge. However, that's JMHO.

Lisa :)

I have booked shore excursions for our upcoming cruise in September and received the 15 percent savings. I will use the 4 hours complimentary internet, although Seabourn really should include internet use for everyone -- at no charge. However, that's JMHO.

What about the dedicated concierge service?:eek::confused::eek:

What about the dedicated concierge service?:eek::confused::eek:

Sorry. I didn't even know there was "dedicated concierge service." Seabourn and its personnel have always been so accomodating that I'm not even sure I would need to use this service. Of course, that could change when we cruise this September. Last time we cruised with Seabourn was early last year and the Seabourn Club had not yet expanded its Loyalty Benefits. I found this on Seabourn's website -- "Upper level members also enjoy the services of a dedicated Seabourn Club Concierge to assist with their onboard arrangements."

It might be helpful if you post what exactly you're looking for.

Sorry. I didn't even know there was "dedicated concierge service." Seabourn and its personnel have always been so accomodating that I'm not even sure I would need to use this service. Of course, that could change when we cruise this September. Last time we cruised with Seabourn was early last year and the Seabourn Club had not yet expanded its Loyalty Benefits. I found this on Seabourn's website -- "Upper level members also enjoy the services of a dedicated Seabourn Club Concierge to assist with their onboard arrangements."

It might be helpful if you post what exactly you're looking for.

What I am looking for exactly if anyone on here that is currrently a Platinum or Diamond Level member ise the Dedicated Concierge service at Seabourn? In the listing of benefits at those two levels only they refer to access to dedicated Concierge.

I can't... I will turn Platinum on my next cruise in August.:confused::eek::confused:

Unless you have already called Seabourn and they told you that they can't help you until you turn Platinum I don't see why you can't call and ask.

UPDATE: You have peaked my curiosity so I called Seabourn. The gentleman I spoke with really was of no help since he told me that "Dedicated Concierge Services" are for Platinum and Diamond members and to look over the brochure that was mailed out or at their website http://www.seabourn.com/assets/Miscellaneous/Seabourn_Club_Benefits_At_A_Glance_v4_050212.pdf. When I asked does "assist with their onboard arrangements" mean help with arranging shore excursions or something else he replied that Seabourn would call you prior to your cruise to see if there was anything specific that they could do for you on your upcoming cruise. I then asked if there was now a designated person on board to help or do you just go to the Purser's Desk? He replied that you just need to go to the Purser's desk.

What I'm understanding about this is that whatever level you are you get the benefits assigned to those levels and "Dedicated Concierge Services" might be something to use if you need assistance with shore excursions, getting a private car, planning a small cocktail party in your suite, etc. As I already posted, Seabourn and its personnel have always been so accomodating that I'm not even sure I would need to use this service. Now I may be all wrong about this so if anyone has had the "Dedicated Concierge Services" experience, please post.

TootyJane,

Sounds like the person with whom you spoke did not really know all the facts, as is so often the case, especially since HAL took over. I wouldn't be surprised if SB itself had no real idea of what to offer with a dedicated concierge service. It certainly looks good in the flyers.

For ages, Seabourn touted a 'Concierge Service' at the home office. That was for people like me who wanted to jump ship during a long sea journey and take a land tour. (I did that in Argentina). They essentially said they could arrange things as a regular TA would do. MUst admit, it was a terrific jaunt that they arranged. Almost hated re-boarding on the Pride.

• 5 years later...
Has anyone used the Platinum and/or Diamond Concierge Service that comes along at these levels? :eek::confused::eek:

I am wondering, in the 5 years that have passed since the initial query, has anyone used/know what this is? Also, how many who qualify for free subscription to 'Travel & Leisure' and 'Conde Nast Traveller' actually receive them?

Laylam,

I am Diamond Elite as of last year and I do get the CN Traveler. I did get it 2 years ago, it suddendly stopped, and I then called emailed the Club to ask it be reinstated. That took a couple of months, and there was to explanation.

I have never heard of a Concierge Service on Seabourn. What is there to negotiate or get assistance with that cannot be requested at Seabourn Square?

Happy and healthy sailing!

We get an email from our concierge before each cruise asking if they can help with anything, they are brilliant, they arrange our in suite drinks, our transfers and anything else we require. If we have questions we just email and they get straight back with an answer, Not really necessary and more just an extension of the Club Desk but it is a nice little perk having that one person you can contact.

We in the UK can only get Conde Nest Traveler, we have been receiving it since the new tiers were introduced.

Deneite is right. I got fouled up with the terminology; I did and do get emails from Seabourn Diamond Club Concierge.

For me it’s a chance to check and correct things from the onboard preferences online checklist you complete along the way to getting your e-ticket eg foam pillows, no duvet on one side of the bed, request for sheet and light blanket, no allergies. I email back any corrections just to be sure. Of course any of this can be adjusted onboard but this way probably saves everybody time. The Concierge email exchange is usually within a month of embarkation.

Happy and healthy sailing!

Also, how many who qualify for free subscription to 'Travel & Leisure' and 'Conde Nast Traveller' actually receive them?

Well this thread is quite the blast from the past - the thread starter became rathr infamous around here. ;)

To answer this question, I'm in the UK and yes, I receive Conde Nast Traveller, but I did have to email SB Club way back because I still hadn't a copy about a year after the benefit was triggered. It shows up regularly now.

Thanks for all your responses. I recently wrote to Seabourn about feeling disadvantaged for having booked early (after first taking it up with my TA). I received a reply from the 'Reservations Concierge' saying that he had conferred with the TA and to contact them again. End result was a saving of 4334 GBP pp on an upcoming cruise, Below is a link to the Job Description of the Reservations Concierge.

https://uk.linkedin.com/jobs/view/reservations-concierge-at-carnival-uk-%28p%26o-cruises-%26-cunard%29-506282038

Edited by Laylam
forgot to include link