Early Morning Flight

rivieramayalover

We arrive 2/3/18 at 6:05am on ATN from LA. I've tried searching for options on what to do before being allowed to embark on the Marina.

I read on this board about a short 4-hour tour that picks you up at the airport and then takes you to the ship. Does anyone have any information about this?

Or, any other thoughts on how to spend your time until around noon?

Hi all! I am definitely following this one!

I am on the March 7th Marina sailing and will be arriving in Papeete at 6am on the day of embarkation.

I have contacted so many hotels and they all say the same thing - no day rates - with the one exception of the Tahiti Airport Hotel. They won't even take our bags if we make an appointment at the hotel spa. The folks from the Hotel Tahiti Nui explained that it was due to insurance reasons.

I then considered getting a room for the night before and just paying that rate. They have explained that I would need to check in by 1am or they cancel the reservation. Not sure why this is the case.

I have searched through the message boards and the advice always seems to be to get a day room. However, this might not be an option anymore.

If anyone has had luck with day rates, please let me know the hotel and I will reach out immediately.

Thank you!!!

Two years ago we arrived on similar flight, O has a large truck at airport which takes your large suitcases and leaves you then with only your hand luggage. We had a long wait and hung around airport. Next time we would go to the island of Morea for a few days to avoid this. Ferry comes in right beside ship.

If you don't find a hotel, contact Marama tours. You can find them by searching. They are good. It is foolish to go in on the day of embarkation. You will be so very tired, it will take days to equalize. Not a good start in my opinion. I have tried it.