Philadelphia, PA
4,918 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Originally posted by smalltimecruiser100
I just checked with Bridget from Royal Caribbean and said the the Rhapsody is not scheduled for dry dock in 11/2019 as of today so I question the OP's original posting(maybe with other ships as well) unless can name their source of reference on original posting.
Oasis and Navigator's dry dock dates mentioned in the OP are correct.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Luke

Next Up:
Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage Northbound
Mariner of the Seas - Bahamas

82 Nights at Sea:
Rhapsody of the Seas - Greece & Croatia - June 2018
Enchantment of the Seas - Bahamas & Key West - January 2017
Allure of the Seas - Western Caribbean -
February 2016
Oasis of the Seas - Western Caribbean -
May 2015
Radiance of the Seas - Northbound Alaska & Hubbard Glacier -
May 2014
Norwegian Epic - Eastern Caribbean
- March 2013
Carnival Victory - Southern Caribbean
- March 2010
Caribbean Princess - Southern Caribbean
- March 2009
Vision of the Seas - Mexican Riviera
- February 2007
Explorer of the Seas - Western Caribbean
- March 2006
Jewel of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean
- March 2005
Explorer of the Seas - Western Caribbean - March 2003

Central Maryland
1,687 Posts
Joined Dec 2005
Originally posted by OfTheSeasCruiser
Oasis and Navigator's dry dock dates mentioned in the OP are correct.
How about the Rhapsody which we(9 with 4 cabins booked) are on in Nov 2019? Hey the OP says one thing and Bridget from RCCL says differently about the Rhapsody. Who am I surpose to believe???? and yes I know I'm a year and a half out but right now we are all on the same deck near each other.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
.................................................. ......................
1969 SS Ryndam Westbound Transatlantic (Mike)
1988 MS Sovereign of the Seas Eastern Caribbean
2006 MS Navigator of the Seas Western Caribbean
2008 MS Sovereign of the Seas Bahamas
2009 MS Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean
2012 MS Enchantment of the Seas Bermuda
2014 MS Explorer of the Seas Bermuda and Eastern Caribbean

)
Philadelphia, PA
4,918 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Originally posted by smalltimecruiser100
How about the Rhapsody which we(9 with 4 cabins booked) are on in Nov 2019? Hey the OP says one thing and Bridget from RCCL says differently about the Rhapsody. Who am I surpose to believe???? and yes I know I'm a year and a half out but right now we are all on the same deck near each other.
I don't know the OP sources, but the reason I mentioned Oasis and Navigator is because those dry docks are common knowledge. Regarding Rhapsody, I see a gap from 10/26/19 to 11/9/19, which would be enough time for a dry dock. I don't know why the OP is talking about Rhapsody cancellations.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Luke

Next Up:
Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage Northbound
Mariner of the Seas - Bahamas

82 Nights at Sea:
Rhapsody of the Seas - Greece & Croatia - June 2018
Enchantment of the Seas - Bahamas & Key West - January 2017
Allure of the Seas - Western Caribbean -
February 2016
Oasis of the Seas - Western Caribbean -
May 2015
Radiance of the Seas - Northbound Alaska & Hubbard Glacier -
May 2014
Norwegian Epic - Eastern Caribbean
- March 2013
Carnival Victory - Southern Caribbean
- March 2010
Caribbean Princess - Southern Caribbean
- March 2009
Vision of the Seas - Mexican Riviera
- February 2007
Explorer of the Seas - Western Caribbean
- March 2006
Jewel of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean
- March 2005
Explorer of the Seas - Western Caribbean - March 2003

Ontario
19,529 Posts
Joined Mar 2013
Rhapsody’s last drydock was November 2016. I remember the chief posting that once a ship hits a certain age they need to undergo a drydock every 2 1/2 years. Not sure how much leeway there is on that 2 1/2 years but there’s definitely a gap in her schedule that could accommodate a drydock. Some drydocks are short. It depends on what they want to do.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ken

Coming soon

12/2018: Allure Christmas
03/2019: Symphony
12/2019: Oasis Christmas
03/2020: Anthem

Sailed on
Sovereign, Monarch, Majesty, Enchantment, Jewel, Serenade, Liberty, Freedom, Allure, Oasis, Harmony
Oakland Park, Fl
14,696 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Originally posted by Ourusualbeach
Rhapsody’s last drydock was November 2016. I remember the chief posting that once a ship hits a certain age they need to undergo a drydock every 2 1/2 years.
I believe that it's at 20 yrs old when that starts - all Vision class are now of that vintage. Grandeur is already on that schedule.
Oakland Park, Fl
14,696 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Originally posted by OfTheSeasCruiser
I don't know why the OP is talking about Rhapsody cancellations.
Like a stock short seller, he's betting on the negative.
Ontario
19,529 Posts
Joined Mar 2013
Originally posted by Biker19
I believe that it's at 20 yrs old when that starts - all Vision class are now of that vintage. Grandeur is already on that schedule.
Thanks. Couldn’t remember if it was 15 or 20.

Also just found out that it is 2 inspections (drydocks) every 5 years with a maximum time between inspections of 36 months.

This means that the projected Oct/November drydock for Rhapsody meets the requirements as her last drydock was Nov. 2016.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ken

Coming soon

Sailed on
Sovereign, Monarch, Majesty, Enchantment, Jewel, Serenade, Liberty, Freedom, Allure, Oasis, Harmony
Pittsburgh, PA
428 Posts
Joined Oct 2014
All of Allures April 2020 Caribbean sailings have been cancelled. Looks like they are adjusting her itineraries so she can do the Westbound TA in April. Whether or not the drydock is in the spring or fall remains to be seen.

Anyone booked on those April cruises should just wait until Royal calls with an offer to move you to a different date. If you move on your own before the call you won’t get any compensation.

Gay posted in our RollCall that her TA got a call from RCI and that they told the TA that the April ‘20 cruises for the Allure were not canceled. They said that it was a problem with their website. (I’m just shocked! SHOCKED!!! )
What do you say, Ourusualbeach?

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
BethR

Ontario
19,529 Posts
Joined Mar 2013
Originally posted by CookieDiva
Gay posted in our RollCall that her TA got a call from RCI and that they told the TA that the April ‘20 cruises for the Allure were not canceled. They said that it was a problem with their website. (I’m just shocked! SHOCKED!!! )
What do you say, Ourusualbeach?

Sent from my iPad using Forums
I say if you trust what the reps tell you then I have a bridge in New York that I can sell you.

I’ve been through this before. The reps know nothing until the redeployment department in Miami releases the information. I’ve actually been told in one case that the bookings were closed because they were assigning the crew to cabins.

I don’t blame the TA, they are just passing on incorrect information. Every year probably close to a dozen ships get chartered/redeployed and you see the same comments posted here about the reps telling them it’s nothing and they are just doing inventory maintenance. Hang tight and wait for Royal to notify you before you cancel.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ken

Coming soon

Sailed on
Pittsburgh, PA
428 Posts
Joined Oct 2014
I say if you trust what the reps tell you then I have a bridge in New York that I can sell you....

...Hang tight and wait for Royal to notify you before you cancel.

I was very involved with a Disney message board for years. Believe me, I’ve had much experience with the posters knowing things long in advance of the Disney cast members. I figured that it was very similar with RCI and the CC boards.
I’m not canceling anything yet. As you’re aware, I have a long time to wait.
Thanks!

PS - Mind if I call you Ken? I see other posters doing so.
I’m Beth, btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
BethR

Ontario
19,529 Posts
Joined Mar 2013
I was very involved with a Disney message board for years. Believe me, I’ve had much experience with the posters knowing things long in advance of the Disney cast members. I figured that it was very similar with RCI and the CC boards.
I’m not canceling anything yet. As you’re aware, I have a long time to wait.
Thanks!

PS - Mind if I call you Ken? I see other posters doing so.
I’m Beth, btw.

You can absolutely call me Ken.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ken

Coming soon

Sailed on
Michigan-Arizona
2,534 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
I say if you trust what the reps tell you then I have a bridge in New York that I can sell you.

I’ve been through this before. The reps know nothing until the redeployment department in Miami releases the information. I’ve actually been told in one case that the bookings were closed because they were assigning the crew to cabins.

I don’t blame the TA, they are just passing on incorrect information. Every year probably close to a dozen ships get chartered/redeployed and you see the same comments posted here about the reps telling them it’s nothing and they are just doing inventory maintenance. Hang tight and wait for Royal to notify you before you cancel.
Yeah, really. Couple years ago learned about my 13n Rhapsody Repo being canceled here on CC. Jumped on the Alternate ship Royal was offering OBC, scored a prime Aft/corner Cabin on Serenade all before cabins got scooped up. This 2 weeks before received the Official Royal statement from that Rhap was canceled with Serenade being the offered alt ship...
Pittsburgh, PA
428 Posts
Joined Oct 2014
Originally posted by ONECRUISER
Yeah, really. Couple years ago learned about my 13n Rhapsody Repo being canceled here on CC. Jumped on the Alternate ship Royal was offering OBC, scored a prime Aft/corner Cabin on Serenade all before cabins got scooped up. This 2 weeks before received the Official Royal statement from that Rhap was canceled with Serenade being the offered alt ship...

Did you get any compensation from RCI since you booked before they let you know officially about the cancellation of your Repo?

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
BethR

Maine
13,545 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
Thanks. Couldn’t remember if it was 15 or 20.

Also just found out that it is 2 inspections (drydocks) every 5 years with a maximum time between inspections of 36 months.

This means that the projected Oct/November drydock for Rhapsody meets the requirements as her last drydock was Nov. 2016.
Yes, it's not defined as "every 2.5 years", but as "twice in 5 years", with as you say, a maximum of 36 months between, so it could be 2 years then 3 years, or 3 years and then 2 years, or any time in between. And, it is at 15 years that the allowance to do underwater inspections in lieu of the mid-period drydock starts, so the mid-period drydocks begin at 17.5 +- years. The 5 year interval has leeway on the earlier side, but not on the later side. Certificates (and the ship's ability to sail) run out on a drop dead date based on the last 5 year docking.
Palm Springs, Calif
42,495 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
Beth when she called and told me that, I said to myself, that is nonsense I rely more on the information I get from CC then what the cruise. lines tell my TA or myself. Our cruise you and I were booked for, April 26th, 2020. apparently is still showing on the Web Site my TA uses

Gay
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email: GLea472968 at aol dot com
Alternate : Lea dot [email protected] dot between the Lea&gaye

Emerald Roll Call https://1drv.ms/x/s!AvfqBeEKG865gS-4hT-Oz90AfTzr
& Allure Roll Call Sheets
Cocoa Beach, FL
25,018 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
Originally posted by LXA350
Arent there also rumours around that Rhapsody is supposed to leave the fleet?
Been around for a while.

I've had two TA's on her cancelled

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Coming Up

Serenade of the Seas 8/19/2018
Harmony of the Seas 9/22/2018 & 9/29/2018
Vision of the Seas 10/18/2018
Enchantment of the Seas 11/16/2018
Rhapsody of the Seas 12/8/2018
Serenade of the Seas 4/26/2019
Adventure of the Seas 12/1/2019
Mariner of the Seas 1/20/2020

Follow us on Instagram (pics of Bella, Sunrises, Rocket Launches, Cruise Ships, and Cocoa Beach, FL)

https://www.instagram.com/durlandjohn/
Michigan-Arizona
2,534 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Did you get any compensation from RCI since you booked before they let you know officially about the cancellation of your Repo?

Yes was able. They just switched my lost cruise Confirmation # to the new cruise. Used same Royal Planner over 4yrs, just had text & he took care of it. Serenade was the only cruise replacement offered, price protected so actually saved $1200 over what Serenade Repo was going for at the time. Lost one nite, only 12 when Rhap was to be 13nite. Both cabins were Aft Jr Suites & got $450 OBC...
Pittsburgh, PA
428 Posts
Joined Oct 2014
Originally posted by ONECRUISER
Yes was able. They just switched my lost cruise Confirmation # to the new cruise.
I hope that it's so easy for me. But I have the added element of being booked through RCI for our original cruise and booking with a TA for the second cruise.

Talk about 1st world problems. Spending so much time and concern over who will service our cruise planning - the company or our TA.

Yes, I obsess too much.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
BethR