Accessible Cabanas through Carnival..once and for all

RCmommy

Is there really no way to prebook the handicap accessible cabanas in HMC and Grand Turk Margarittaville? Do we really have to make a beeline for the shore excursion desk once on the ship?

Can someone please give me the 411 on what to expect?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can email the onboard Guest Services Desk approximately one week prior to sailing and they can assist with special requests.

The email is shipcodeguestservices@carnival.com. As an example, the Carnival Magic is mcguestservices@carnival.com.

CQ Conquest

DE Destiny

DR Dream

EC Ecstasy

FA Fantasy

FD Freedom

FS Fascination

GL Glory

HZ Horizon

IM Imagination

IS Inspiration

LE Legend

LI Liberty

MC Magic

MI Miracle

PA Paradise

SE Sensation

SL Splendor

SP Spirit

SU Sunshine

TI Triumph

VA Valor

VI Victory

VS Vista

Thank you.

Our friend has called an emailed and received different answers, and one person even told him “I have put down your name and I will be sure you get it” (it being the accessible cabin) I told him I put zero faith in that statement as it is not what I have read on here.

It seems crazy to me that all people that may require the accessible cabana will have to wait that long to hopefully secure the booking. I guess we will need to have a back up plan in place that does offer accessibility because our cabana odds are very slim.

On our last cruise our son was in a wheelchair with a broken femur. (2nd time). We had a cabana booked at HMC (cabana 10 or 11).

It was a fiasco. We ended up coming right back to the ship and fought with the shore excursion manager to get a complete refund.

If you want details on the issues you can email me for more info at cfontanez@comcast.net. No need to go into it here.

Not sure what your guest handicap is but if it is a wheelchair I would pass on the cabana.

We are still big fans of Carnival as you can see by our past cruises. The just botched this one day.