What to spend my OBC on?

kjbacon

First, verify whether you have "refundable" or "non-refundable" credit. If it is "refundable", go to the reception desk, and take the money and run. If "non - refundable", you can use it toward Regent Choice excursion, spa services, boutique shops, premium liquor. You can surely make good use!

Bob

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Depending on itinerary, your cruise might offer onboard cooking classes; and a special wine-paired luncheon. These come at extra cost, but can be "paid for" once onboard via that credit. So--it is use it, or loose it. We always find a way, whether acquiring another bit of clothing; or spa visits, to use OBCs. Nice to leave the ship with nothing else added to the credit card.

For some time, we have asked Regent to allow transfer (a portion) of OBCs to the ship's Crew Fund. That Fund helps crew defray unexpected expenses such as need to return home due to family emergencies. So far--no luck in that regard. So, we make a separate cash donation.

GOARMY!

Laundry is another good thing to spend OBC's on. While Regent does have free self-service laundry, they also have laundry and dry cleaning onboard for a fee.

We use OBC's for the Regent Choice excursions. We pay for them in advance and once onboard, cancel and rebook using OBC's (and get a refund in cash rather than a credit card because that is their policy).

All great ideas, thank you. I’ve never heard of refundable OBC, I will ask the travel agent.

Since it’s a port intensive itinerary, we aren’t as likely to use the spa services. I don’t think we have one sea day.

Very interested in a wine paired lunch or any other special meals. We are brand new to Regent so please share any info on this topic!

It’s very helpful to know that I can book and pay for upgraded shore excursions in advance and then switch it to OBC once on board. Other lines don’t prefer that!

I’m embarrassed to admit that I never thought of laundry services. Love the idea of packing lighter and going home with mostly clean clothes.

I’ll say it again ... this is one nice board. Thank you.

We use OBC's for the Regent Choice excursions. We pay for them in advance and once onboard, cancel and rebook using OBC's (and get a refund in cash rather than a credit card because that is their policy).

Hi Travelcat

Can you tell me how to find the Regent Choice excursions for a cruise? I see the tab for free excursions, for pre- and post-cruise, and for special offers. But I don't see the "non-free" ones.

Thanks in advance.

regent choice under same tab as free excursions

Look for the binoculars symbol among the others...that signifies the excursions is a Regent Choice and will cost extra. As a general rule, we find the up-charge to be reasonable.

Look for the binoculars symbol among the others...that signifies the excursions is a Regent Choice and will cost extra. As a general rule, we find the up-charge to be reasonable.

I had forgotten about the binocular sign but yes its good advice.

We have personally enjoyed the included tours (mostly) although i'm sure the OBC's (if you wish to spend them that way) will give you an insight of a maybe different theme.

Would love to hear if you see a difference.

Pam.

As mentioned previously, if the OBC is refundable, you can ask for cash.

The wine pairing with lunch is usually held on a sea day - a notice regarding the event is placed in your room, reservations are required. If you like trying different vintages of wine, this may be of interest to you.

We have also used the OBC to buy gifts from the boutique - a big hit are the Mova globes (you can google this) I have one of the larger ones in my home office and not only does it remind me of my trip, it generates lots of great conversations.

Also, one of my favorite pairs of earrings were purchased using OBC, they were not even on display - I had mentioned to the shop assistant what I was looking for and she was able to pull some great merchandise from the safe.

gnomie :)

Can someone please explain what wines/spirits are not included?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Regarding wine, some people have complained about the "house wine" while many others enjoy it - it is all a matter of taste. However, they do offer higher quality and special vintages as an extra charge - some passengers chose to use their OBC to buy more expensive wine and champagne. If you purchase a bottle of wine for dinner and do not finish it, it will be stored for you and made available for another meal.

A little off topic - if there is a specific house wine that you enjoy, be sure to get the name of it and it can be obtained for you even if not on the menu that evening.

gnomie :)