Viking Mekong Review - Just back! Link to photos included

Stevie44875

https://www.flickr.com/gp/155676240@N07/iRnT81

Link above to my numerous photos in no order what so every.

Just returned from our 15 day land/cruise tour with Viking on the Mekong River with my hubby. I'll keep this as short as possible =)

Land portion: Time flew by! There was always a tour to do. The downside, we never really got to just sit back and enjoy the city/town and the lovely hotels we stayed in. Hotels were 5 star and amazing. We did take an afternoon off from a tour so we could enjoy the pool at the resort and just relax. Our guide, Lee, was awesome and full of knowledge through the whole trip. Maybe a tad bit too much information given as sometimes I noticed I just tuned out and enjoyed the sites. Lee did take photos and videos along the way for us to have. We had 55 people on our trip and they divide the group into Group A & B so you stick with the same people the whole time. This way tours are much smaller. There was a long 5 hour bus ride to the ship we took. There was wi-fi on it =)

River portion: We got lucky and booked a suite. Would highly recommend as it gives you 2 doors, more space, and your own semi-private lounge chair area. Beware of the shower! If someone flushes a toilet next door you loose your cold water and you can get burned majorly by the hot water! I was shocked at this. Luckily we never got burned but a passenger did. Rooms are basic and nice. The theme of the ship goes along with the area and fits right in. We had on board credit and it is hard to use on this ship. Very small gift shop area. Highly recommend this is the time to have them do some laundry for you! Staff was outstanding and they learned your names. Cruising day was a tad boring as there aren't any amenities on this ship like a fitness center or pool.

Overall we had a great time but I feel like I need a few days to rest as we were non stop busy. Viking does an outstanding job but as we are budget travelers usually, I would go with a company next time that isn't so luxury as I didn't need wine with my lunch (wine got old fast with dinner) and 5 start hotels (they were nice) and so forth.