Cozumel on Victory - such a late arrival, what is there to do?

squierjosh

Minor rant/question: Why does Victory get into Cozumel so late? Mr Sanchos closes at 5, and Chank closes at 4. With the crowd of people getting off the ship and into taxis, we probably wouldn't get to either place until 1:00. Seems like it would be hard to be able to do something there (dolphins or sea lions) and enjoy the beach time with being so rushed. Are there other beach clubs open later than 5:00?

We were on the Victory and got off the ship as fast as we could and went to Mr. Sanchos. We didn't regret it. I have tried to get out of the idea of maximizing my time and realizing that indeed a few hours somewhere can create magical memories. (there is a great YouTube video about micro adventures - you should check it out!)

The pool and bar closed but we then spent a while at the shops before we left where everyone was so attentive. It's been almost a year in fact and today I have on the anklet I bought there at Mr Sanchos. And yesterday we talked about how much fun we had in the pool and ocean. To me it's definitely worth it and I'd do it all over again!

The last time we booked Nachi, I read on their website that they stay open later for situations like yours. You might want to check out that option.

^^^THIS

I reached out to one of the places I plan on going to in another port and inquired about our late arrival time and did not want to plan a trip and they said they were aware and they stay open later to accomodate late days

The last time we booked Nachi, I read on their website that they stay open later for situations like yours. You might want to check out that option.

Yes. You fill in which ship you are sailing on and you are allowed to stay until six instead of five if you have a Ship that arrives at noon or later. Not a lot of extra time, but my thought is that while we are getting there later so it will probably be crowded to begin with, we are staying so much later in port that the last few hours are bound to be much less crowded. I really doubt most cruisers will even be staying until 5:00.