“Live" from the Baltic...9 Days.. 7-16 May..2013

Greetings From Copenhagen,

Today we board the Ncl Star in Copenhagen on it’s first Baltic cruise for the season,the Star will do a 9 day Baltic Capitals cruise,which will start here in Copenhagen today....I plan on doing a live trip report of all the ports of call,with lots of photos.

After this nine day Baltic cruise,we will have two days in Copenhagen and then join the Rccl Vision of the Seas for it’s 7 day Scandinavia & Fjords cruise from Copenhagen....18th to 25th May.

Will do this review of Ncl Star here on these boards and if possible....will do part 2 over on the Rccl side of Cruise Critic.

Itinerary

Norwegian Star

9 Days

Baltic/Russia

eunc_3127834.gif

Day 1

Tue May 7 Copenhagen,Denmark

Day 2

Wed May 8 Warnemunde,Germany

Day 3

Thu May 9 At Sea

Day 4

Fri May 10 Tallinn,Estonia

Day 5

Sat May 11 Saint Petersburg,Russia

Day 6

Sun May 12 Saint Petersburg,Russia

Day 7

Mon May 13 Helsinki,Finland

Day 8

Tue May 14 Stockholm,Sweden

Day 9

Wed May 15 At Sea

Day 10

Thu May 16 Copenhagen

Arrive 7.00 Am

Two nights in Copenhagen

638.jpg Vision of the Seas

7 Days

Scandinavia & Fjords

eunf_3145370.gif

Day 1

Sat May 18 CopenhagenDepart 5:00 pm

Day 2

Sun May 19 At Sea

Day 3

Mon May 20 Alesund Arrive 8:00 am Depart 10:00 pm

Day 4

Tue May 21 GeirangerArrive 7:00 am Depart 5:00 pm

Day 5

Wed May 22 Flaam

Arrive 9:00 am Depart 6:00 pm

Day 6

Thu May 23 Bergen Arrive 8:00 am Depart 5:00 pm

Day 7

Fri May 24 At Sea

Day 8

Sat May 25 Copenhagen Arrive 7:00 am

Pre Cruise.

We arrived one day before the start of this cruise and will have two nights at the end too explore Copenhagen before joining the Rccl Vision.

On arrival at the airport ,we collected our Copenhagen cards from the information office.....The Copenhagen card gives unlimited entry into most museums and transport options,including hop on hop boat...we will activate these cards on the 16 May on our return.

Copenhagen Card

http://www.copenhagencard.com/?gclid=CJ6C8bLjgrcCFUzHtAodawIAgA

We are staying at the Bella Sky,this hotel is very near the airport and has great transport connections.....the Metro runs direct into town is only 400 metres from the hotel..We shared a taxi of four adults from airport to Bella,the cost was around 180 Kroner ($35).

The Bella is the largest hotel in Denmark and has over 800 rooms,it has a very unusual design.

Hotel Video

We arrived at the hotel around 2.00 pm and took the Metro straight into town (10 mins)...for a quick look around Nyhavn......The fantastic waterfront area .

Photos of Nyhavn

Samsung131_zps98e3c235.jpg

Samsung128_zps9684741b.jpg

Samsung125_zps7996fc37.jpg

Your photos are beautiful!!!

Wife and I will be taking this cruise on the 7/9 departure, so really looking forward to reading your "report from the ports".

We'll be staying 2 nights pre-cruise at the Marriott Copenhagen which is downtown.

Are you taking the ships's excursions in each port, booking an independent tour company, or doing your own thing?

Your photos are beautiful!!!

Wife and I will be taking this cruise on the 7/9 departure, so really looking forward to reading your "report from the ports".

We'll be staying 2 nights pre-cruise at the Marriott Copenhagen which is downtown.

Are you taking the ships's excursions in each port, booking an independent tour company, or doing your own thing?

We plan on DIY tours in most of the ports...in Saint Petersburg we are doing the Spb 2 day deluxe tour.

We have friends doing the Spb Berlin tour tomorrow,we will be doing a local tour around Rostock.

I have asked my roll call friends to post details of their tours as well.....so we should be able get info about other tours as well as ones I am doing.

Details below.

St. Petersburg 2-Day Deluxe Tour

JOIN OUR GROUP TOUR AT A FLAT RATE 300 USD pp (max group size 16)!

Package tours and flat-rate prices are available for select ships. Please just check with us to see if your ship is eligible.

This tour is the most all-inclusive and the MOST ACTIVE option involving the most walking out of any of the tour options. You will have a special early entrance to the Hermitage museum, excursion in the Yusupov’s Palace, the Catherine’s Palace, the Church on the Spilled Blood, the Peterhof fountain park and Peter and Paul’s fortress + cathedral. Lunches, hydrofoil ride and a canal boat ride are included in the tour price. The tour is available as a group tour and as a private tour.

DAY 1 | 7.30 am – 6.00 pm

7.00 am – 7.30 amMeet at the ship as soon as the ship is cleared7.30 am – 10.00 amCity sightseeing tour. A visit to the farmers market (optional). Subway ride

10.00 am – 10.30 amHydrofoil ride to Peterhof10.30 am – 12.00 pm Walk in the Peterhof Lower fountain park and the Upper gardens12.00 pm – 1.30 pmLunch: traditional Russian meal1.30 pm – 2.30 pm Drive to the Tsars’ Village (summer residence)2.30 pm – 4.00 pmA visit to the Catherine’s palace with the Amber room and a walk in the park4.00 pm – 5.00 pmDrive back to St. Petersburg5.00 pm – 6.00 pmA visit to Peter and Paul’s fortress and cathedral, the burial place of the Russian Emperors6.00 pmReturn to the ship or evening optionsDAY 2 | 8.00 am – 5.00 pm

8.00 am – 8.30 am

Meet at the ship, paying for the tour8.30 am – 9.30 amCanal boat ride9.30 am – 12.00 pmSpecial early entrance to the Hermitage Museum12.00 pm – 1.00 pmExcursion in the Church of Our Saviour on the Spilled Blood 01.00 pm – 2.00 pmLunch: traditional Russian meal2.00 pm – 3.30 pmA visit to the Yusupovs’ Palace

3.30 pm – 5.00 pm

A visit to St. Isaac’s cathedral. Return to the ship

We'll be on this June 3, so we're very interested in your postings. Have fun!

Thanks for joining :)

It's a clear day today....looks like a great day for sail away.

Edited by aussie cruzer
typo

Enjoy your cruise of The Baltic. I will be following along to relive our memories of our 2011 sailing! This itinerary has been one of our favorites, and we intend to do it again sometime in the future. Safe travels.......

I was just watching the ship's webcam show you just leaving the harbor at Copenhagen. Wish I were there now. Looks like you are starting out with great weather! Enjoy!

Edited by jljcruise

Awww, man - I missed the sailaway :mad:

I'm on this cruise on 5th August, so am following your cruise, to make mine seem nearer. Just checked the webcam. Looks like you have sea! Will check again in the morning. Does that make me sad, or just too eager?! :D

We will be boarding as you are exiting on the 16th of May.... Very excited to watch your review. Can you give us some insight into who the current Cruise Director, Concierge, and butlers are for the forward deck 13 cabins are????

Looks like you're getting beautiful weather so far; enjoy your next few days!!

--alex

Thanks for joining :)

It's a clear day today....looks like a great day for sail away.

Duncan, Enjoy your cruise! Say hello to all our friends onboard......Judy & Rol, John & Sharon Rae, Liz & Pete, and Maria & Paulo. Great pictures! Ted.

Thanks for posting! We are going to the Baltics next May, and I will be interested in following your reports, and particularly in hearing your thoughts, and your friends', about the SPB Tours in St. Petersburg and Berlin, respectively, as they are of course one of the tour operators we are considering.

Have a GREAT trip!

Greetings From Copenhagen,

Today we board the Ncl Star in Copenhagen on it’s first Baltic cruise for the season,the Star will do a 9 day Baltic Capitals cruise,which will start here in Copenhagen today....I plan on doing a live trip report of all the ports of call,with lots of photos.

After this nine day Baltic cruise,we will have two days in Copenhagen and then join the Rccl Vision of the Seas for it’s 7 day Scandinavia & Fjords cruise from Copenhagen....18th to 25th May.

Will do this review of Ncl Star here on these boards and if possible....will do part 2 over on the Rccl side of Cruise Critic.

Itinerary

Norwegian Star

9 Days

Baltic/Russia

eunc_3127834.gif

Day 1

Tue May 7 Copenhagen,Denmark

Day 2

Wed May 8 Warnemunde,Germany

Day 3

Thu May 9 At Sea

Day 4

Fri May 10 Tallinn,Estonia

Day 5

Sat May 11 Saint Petersburg,Russia

Day 6

Sun May 12 Saint Petersburg,Russia

Day 7

Mon May 13 Helsinki,Finland

Day 8

Tue May 14 Stockholm,Sweden

Day 9

Wed May 15 At Sea

Day 10

Thu May 16 Copenhagen

Arrive 7.00 Am

Two nights in Copenhagen

638.jpg Vision of the Seas

7 Days

Scandinavia & Fjords

Day 1

Sat May 18 CopenhagenDepart 5:00 pm

Day 2

Sun May 19 At Sea

Day 3

Mon May 20 Alesund Arrive 8:00 am Depart 10:00 pm

Day 4

Tue May 21 GeirangerArrive 7:00 am Depart 5:00 pm

Day 5

Wed May 22 Flaam

Arrive 9:00 am Depart 6:00 pm

Day 6

Thu May 23 Bergen Arrive 8:00 am Depart 5:00 pm

Day 7

Fri May 24 At Sea

Day 8

Sat May 25 Copenhagen Arrive 7:00 am

Great photos! We're going on the Baltic cruise right after the Scandinavia cruise. Definitely follow your post. We'll see you at M&M on the RCCL. Have a wonderful time and thanks for organizing the excursions for the Scandinavia cruise.

Duncan, Enjoy your cruise! Say hello to all our friends onboard......Judy & Rol, John & Sharon Rae, Liz & Pete, and Maria & Paulo. Great pictures! Ted.

Thanks Ted,

Sure will tell all...Had dinner with most of them last night