Scenic Tours 14 day South of France 2014 - some questions

condomama

Hi, I'm one of the happy ones who has enjoyed a Scenic river cruise before -Jewels of Europe. Our second one will be the 14 day South of France booked for next October. Hoping some who've been on that itinerary can answer a few questions......

• how early the TGV train leaves Paris for Dijon on day two? We're trying to consider if there is time for some more Paris sightseeing that day, or are we gone?
  • if applicable, did they enjoy using the new Tailormade GPS?
  • post cruise, we will be doing a week in Belgium, and although Scenic suggests that Nice is a better airport, our cruise debarks on a Saturday, and after 3 p.m. (their suggested flight time) Saturdays, it appears that there are not many flights or trains going north that would leave us time to get to our final destination in one day. So we'd like to save time by doing our own transfer from Tarascon into Avignon for a train earlier in the day, or Marseilles for an earlier flight choice. Has anyone done similar transfers from Tarascon, and if so, how did it work out?

Many thanks in advance!

The only question I can provide an answer on is regarding the Tailormade GPS systems - they are great! When we were off the boat on a tour they worked wonderfully well (best tour system I've ever had); when on the boat they were great to use to find out what we were passing by.

The train left Paris at 11:20 ish for the trip to Dijon where we had about 2 hours of free time before the bus ride to Chalon sur Saone. It was a delightful bus ride from the hotel to the train station in Paris with some sightseeing along the way.

We used the Tailormade every day but did find them a bit heavy. It would be worthwhile to carry a small purse/bag that could hold the device without the weight around your neck. The earpiece cord is quite long.

We disembarked in Avignon, not Tarascon. We were only docked in Tarascon for one night and then went back to Avignon for a couple of nights.

We had also done the Jewels of Europe with Scenic before doing the south of FRance. We loved both but I think France was the superior itinerary and enrichment program as well as better food. Not as crowded in the towns either. We loved our French cruise and all of the stops and all of the program. You'll love it I am sure.

Archived