Stateroom 3010 on Viking Sky

MsRay1961

First time cruiser! Will be on the Viking Sky for the Iconic Western Mediterranean cruise in December 2018. We're currently in Room 3010 (a V1). Looking at the ship diagram, it appears we'll be over the cinema 1. Does anyone know if it will be loud over the cinema (I'm thinking it might). any comments would be appreciated!!!

First time cruiser! Will be on the Viking Sky for the Iconic Western Mediterranean cruise in December 2018. We're currently in Room 3010 (a V1). Looking at the ship diagram, it appears we'll be over the cinema 1. Does anyone know if it will be loud over the cinema (I'm thinking it might). any comments would be appreciated!!!

In the year and half that I have been following this forum, there has been maybe one complaint about noise from a public venue disturbing the piece and quiet of a cabin--and I'm not sure that one was even a legitimate complaint. For the most part, whenever this topic comes up, people actually comment on how quiet things are in cabins that are above or below public spaces.

My first Viking cruise I was in 3010 on the Star and never heard a thing. I did do the destinations and attended most but not all shows. So I'm trying to be clear that most of the time I wasn't in the room when they were happening but if I was, there was no noise.

In the year and half that I have been following this forum, there has been maybe one complaint about noise from a public venue disturbing the piece and quiet of a cabin--and I'm not sure that one was even a legitimate complaint. For the most part, whenever this topic comes up, people actually comment on how quiet things are in cabins that are above or below public spaces.

Thanks Peregrina651!

My first Viking cruise I was in 3010 on the Star and never heard a thing. I did do the destinations and attended most but not all shows. So I'm trying to be clear that most of the time I wasn't in the room when they were happening but if I was, there was no noise.

Dauntless, thanks.

We were over the theatre and could occassionally hear a slight rumble of the show or practice. If you are an afternoon napper or go to bed before the show is over is might be a smidge bothersome. Certainly nothing terrible...just not 100% no noise. IMO worth the savings to be in a v1! We were in 3003 and the anchor was a perfect wake up call like it or not!!!

What is it like in a v2 room over the main dining room? or Torshavn?

We were over the theatre and could occassionally hear a slight rumble of the show or practice. If you are an afternoon napper or go to bed before the show is over is might be a smidge bothersome. Certainly nothing terrible...just not 100% no noise. IMO worth the savings to be in a v1! We were in 3003 and the anchor was a perfect wake up call like it or not!!!

We were in a DV over the dining room. Didn't hear a thing.

I thought the DVs had cabins above and below and only the Vs were directly above the dining room? We were in a DV and never heard a thing...we were aft but had cabins above and below us, not the dining room. I think Dee was asking about the V cabins above the dining room and Torshavn.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like a popular room, I am in in 3010 Dec. 2018 also... I am guessing you are going 12/9, I am going 12/21

I saw it was towards the front of the ship, was wondering if it is as smooth there as in the middle of the ship

Looks like a popular room, I am in in 3010 Dec. 2018 also... I am guessing you are going 12/9, I am going 12/21

I saw it was towards the front of the ship, was wondering if it is as smooth there as in the middle of the ship

Plenty smooth for me but it was the only cabin I was in.

• 4 weeks later...

We will be in 3003 in February. Glad the noise will not be a nuisance....I was wondering about it.....we will probably at in the shows anyway.

The wakeup call might be useful !!

Anything else we should know about this cabin would be gratefully received.