Best place to research excursions

MrmrsSteelman

Hi all! My husband and I are going on our first cruise in Jan. (NCL getaway..western carribean-Roatan, Harvest Caye, costa maya and Cozumel) I know we can book cruises through NCL and we booked our cruise with ************ and they have some you can book, but where else are reliable places to book/research excursions through?

An independent excursions company is http://www.viator.com Always read the complete detailed information on the website and email them with any queries you may have. It is important to remember that if you book an official tour direct from a cruise line, the line will tend to hold the ship's departure back to wait for their official coach to return quayside. If you do independent tours it is your personal responsibility to get back to the ship in time as they will likely sail away without you.

You cannot book your personal itinerary as tight on time as a ship's tour!

I have used Viator personally for New York helicopter excursions and found the system they use and quality of tour excellent.

Regards John

Please do some research on the Ports boards about Viator and other tour brokers. Yes, they offer pretty attractive prices. But there have been some experiences of note. Viator doesn't offer the tour, they contract out with locals, for low bid. This results in difficulties contacting the provider if something arises, and providers that might not speak English as well as others.

These issues have caused many to prefer dealing direct with providers, not through middleman .

Please do some research on the Ports boards about Viator and other tour brokers. Yes, they offer pretty attractive prices. But there have been some experiences of note. Viator doesn't offer the tour, they contract out with locals, for low bid. This results in difficulties contacting the provider if something arises, and providers that might not speak English as well as others.

These issues have caused many to prefer dealing direct with providers, not through middleman .

Exactly - we book directly through the tour company, not Viator.

Another place to research tours is Trip Advisor - you'll get a much broader traveler base than just cruisers. I believe you can also book tours through their site, but as others have suggested it's probably better to book directly with the tour provider.