5 in a carnival cabin????

azkcruizers

I noticed a couple of days ago the article on family friendly cabins. We sometimes have difficulty having a family of 5. In the article I read that some of the Carnival ships have rooms that will sleep 5 with a rollaway. I was wondering if this is true and has anyone out there done this. We often cruise with other family and one of my children is booked in someone else's room.:) Thanks for your help!

Karen

The new Dream has family cabins, I believe they are OVs on deck 2 and 3 and hold 5. They are also supposed to have the split plan bath to better accomodate 5 family members, like Disney has.

Any ship built 2000 or before, you can put 5 in a quad cabin. Unfortunately these are smaller cabins than on ships built later on, but 5 to a cabin was grandfathered in. If you dont mind sharing one bathroom and not having floor space when the roll away is set up, these work.

We are doing 5 in a cabin this January on the Triumph, we are never in our cabin so not to concerned. Plus, I have a 2 y/o nephew coming with us, so we just take turns playing in the hallway with him while the others shower/get ready and it works out well.

We had 4 in a cabin on te Inspiration and there was plenty of room. I have slept on a roll away once before and it was nice, to conserve floor space, the room steward would either take the roll away out during breakfest or shove underneath one of the beds which made a lot more room!

We to have a family of five and have cruise Carnival and Disney both with all of us staying in the same cabin. It worked out fine with us, just a little hectic in the mornings. They always put the rollaway down at night while we were out and picked them up in the morning. We would always take a night light so we could see the person on the roll away and not fall over them. It worked on 6 of our cruise in the past!

My upcoming Inspiration cruise I had booked a OV Cabin with one upper bunk. We decided to add another person and was told that we would have to give up our OV room and take an interior cabin with two upper bunks. I can't understand why they couldn't just put a roll away in the room as some of you have previously posted. I was told by the TA that it can't be done. I thought all cabins on Carnival were pretty much the same size. :(

My upcoming Inspiration cruise I had booked a OV Cabin with one upper bunk. We decided to add another person and was told that we would have to give up our OV room and take an interior cabin with two upper bunks. I can't understand why they couldn't just put a roll away in the room as some of you have previously posted. I was told by the TA that it can't be done. I thought all cabins on Carnival were pretty much the same size. :(

although your cabin could hold 4 people--- the oceanviews were probably at capacity. Meaning no more people could book into a cabin in the oceanview--thats why they were moving you into the inside cabin.

It also may mean the ship was at capacity with roll aways.

We've had 5 in a cabin on Victory twice. I think having a balcony cabin helps a lot - it gave us some extra room while we were getting ready for dinner, since we could send those who were ready first out to the balcony to wait for the rest of us.

We are doing 5 in a cabin this January on the Triumph, we are never in our cabin so not to concerned. Plus, I have a 2 y/o nephew coming with us, so we just take turns playing in the hallway with him while the others shower/get ready and it works out well.

We had 4 in a cabin on te Inspiration and there was plenty of room. I have slept on a roll away once before and it was nice, to conserve floor space, the room steward would either take the roll away out during breakfest or shove underneath one of the beds which made a lot more room!

I would not want to be near your cabin if you plan on playing in the hallway with your 2 y/o nephew while the others shower/get ready.

I noticed a couple of days ago the article on family friendly cabins. We sometimes have difficulty having a family of 5. In the article I read that some of the Carnival ships have rooms that will sleep 5 with a rollaway. I was wondering if this is true and has anyone out there done this. We often cruise with other family and one of my children is booked in someone else's room.:) Thanks for your help!

Karen

We had 5 in a cabin on the Carnival Triumph. It makes for a very close family. I get 2 cabins now, my kids are older, and I like my own bathroom for me and my wife

We are five in a cabin.. OV room... on the Inspiration at the end of the month.

I wonder if all the OV rooms for 5 were taken......

I would call back!

Also, we have had our family of five in a balcony room on the Victory... close quarters, but it works.

Now that my boys are older, this will be our last cruise sharing one room!

Catrin

We just sailed the Fantasy end of July & had 5 in an inside stateroom....male ages: 12, 44 & 77, female ages: 18 & 38. We had 2 upper bunks that folded down for the kids, the 2 twins on the floor were made into a king sized bed & the roll away was actually down on the floor, no room to "pop up". It did make for "togetherness" but we took turns with the shower - they ladies would take turns with the shower and the guys would come in the room for their showers about 30 min later, when it was time to dress, the ladies would get b/w the hall door & open the closet door & tell the person in the shower not to come out...and the guys would dress or stay around the bed area. That is an option or once the ladies are done, they can go sit at the atrium bar & listen to piano music & have the rest meet them there.... it worked for us as we were only in the room long enough to shower, change & sleep!

Karen

Here is a picture of the Balcony cabin that will take 5. they will also bring in the cot for the 5th person. My son ,wife and 3 boys will be in one this Oct. on the triumph.

2104261370061183369S425x425Q85.jpg

Great photo! It Gives you a good idea of what the cabins are like. Does anyone have a photo of a OV room with 2 drop down Beds?:rolleyes:

Not yet, but we are cruising on the Inspiration in two weeks with an OV room.. two drop down beds and a roll away......

Will be sure to take a pic!

Catrin

Might I suggest if you do five in cabin that for dinner, send some of your group to the spa to shower and get ready.

The showers in the spa are spacious,have plenty of towels and will cause less hetic in the cabin.

When I sailed on the Fascination, there were four females in one cabin. Each night, two of them would go to the spa and get 95% ready (they returned to the cabin to fix hair and makeup) and two would use the cabin. They rotated this for the cruise and it worked out fine.

We did the same on our family reunion cruise. My uncle and one of my male cousins went to the spa to get ready while my aunt and female cousin got ready in the cabin.

Happy sailing!!

Not yet, but we are cruising on the Inspiration in two weeks with an OV room.. two drop down beds and a roll away......

Will be sure to take a pic!

Catrin

Thanks that would be great. We will be on the Ispriration In Nov with the same set up.

Here is a picture of the Balcony cabin that will take 5. they will also bring in the cot for the 5th person. My son ,wife and 3 boys will be in one this Oct. on the triumph.

Thanks for posting this!! We will also be 5 on the Triumph in March in a balcony cabin - so this give me a great idea of the room

We just sailed the Fantasy end of July & had 5 in an inside stateroom....male ages: 12, 44 & 77, female ages: 18 & 38. We had 2 upper bunks that folded down for the kids, the 2 twins on the floor were made into a king sized bed & the roll away was actually down on the floor, no room to "pop up". It did make for "togetherness" but we took turns with the shower - they ladies would take turns with the shower and the guys would come in the room for their showers about 30 min later, when it was time to dress, the ladies would get b/w the hall door & open the closet door & tell the person in the shower not to come out...and the guys would dress or stay around the bed area. That is an option or once the ladies are done, they can go sit at the atrium bar & listen to piano music & have the rest meet them there.... it worked for us as we were only in the room long enough to shower, change & sleep!

Next time you are 5 in a room, send some of the adults up to the gym to shower... 5 minutes on a treadmill and then shower... woo-hoo! room for more melting cake!

• 2 weeks later...
Bump!

Is anyone back that had 2 upper bunks and a rollaway in an interior room?

I'd love to see a picture!

Found this picture :

cabin.jpg

This is a pic of our cabin (9252) on the Triumph last month. When we first arrived the cabin steward had the beds pulled apart (so there was one twin under each of the bunks). DH & I looked @ each other :confused:, our steward looked at us and then I asked him to please put the bottom ones together. When we got back from dinner/show, this is what it looked like. Truth be told, the 1st arrangement worked better because each bunk had it's own ladder but we didn't wanna ask him to undo it nor did we do it ourselves. LOL

They stayed this way all week & my niece just had to climb up dd's bunk ladder and then hop over to hers. :p

Found this picture :

This is a pic of our cabin (9252) on the Triumph last month. When we first arrived the cabin steward had the beds pulled apart (so there was one twin under each of the bunks). DH & I looked @ each other :confused:, our steward looked at us and then I asked him to please put the bottom ones together. When we got back from dinner/show, this is what it looked like. Truth be told, the 1st arrangement worked better because each bunk had it's own ladder but we didn't wanna ask him to undo it nor did we do it ourselves. LOL

They stayed this way all week & my niece just had to climb up dd's bunk ladder and then hop over to hers. :p

I have to agree with keeping the beds apart--and try to tell people who are doing this--that you will have more floor space in a cabin when keeping the lower beds apart--under the upper beds..

But now add a roll away-- when the two beds are together there will be no floor space and the cabin will get to you with claustrohphia by midweek

Thanks for the pic. Where does the rollaway go?

Please post after your cruise and let me know how it was! We are thinking of a March cruise ont he Triumph with our 3 girls.

Thanks for the pic. Where does the rollaway go?

Please post after your cruise and let me know how it was! We are thinking of a March cruise ont he Triumph with our 3 girls.

Each night they will bring in the roll away. I have seen it in front of the sofa bed.

Archived