Waterproof iphone case recommendations?

RQINFL

Does anybody have recommendations for a good waterproof iphone case? One that allows pictures to be taken and the phone to be used. Thanks!

Your iPhone phone functions won't work under about 5 feet. How do I know? A guy in our diving group left it in his pocket under his drysuit and it rang at 5ft but not deeper haha :) ... it did survive the dive just fine though!

I don't know if an underwater iPhone case would work because think about it... you have to touch the screen with your finger. You can't use a pen, stylus, a gloved finger, ect, so how would you be able to use the touch screen underwater in a case?

Edited by Kryssa

• 2 years later...

question is what do you mean by waterproof?

For protection I agree with LifeProof .. good for 2 meters u/w for an hour .. I have one and for taking on the boat or to the beach it is fine, even hanging around the pool I don't worry about dropping the phone in the water ...

but if you want to use the camera of the phone for snorkeling or diving .... that's a different proposition all together ... what you need there is an underwater housing and frankly you're best off just getting a Go Pro for that

I bought a used iPhone 4 and put it in a case for diving

You have to choose between pictures or video

You have to turn it on before you get in the water and it stays on the whole time

You can buy the case online

It is good for 120 feet

I didn't use my iPhone because I didn't want to take the risk of something happening to it

The case holds a four up to a five S.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 5 weeks later...
question is what do you mean by waterproof?

For protection I agree with LifeProof .. good for 2 meters u/w for an hour .. I have one and for taking on the boat or to the beach it is fine, even hanging around the pool I don't worry about dropping the phone in the water ...

but if you want to use the camera of the phone for snorkeling or diving .... that's a different proposition all together ... what you need there is an underwater housing and frankly you're best off just getting a Go Pro for that

Not true. There are easy-to-use 100% waterproof covers for phone that you can use while underwater (up to 10 metres) including taking photos. I've just bought one. The screen swipes very easily through the cover. The brand is DiCAPac but it may be only available in Australia. However Amazon have heaps that appear similar.

I only got mine today so haven't used it yet other than to give it the tissue test - seal a tissue in it and submerge it in water to check it's not faulty. I'm hoping to get to the beach later in the week to test it with the phone in it.

My daughter got a LifeProof case for her phone and it comes with a tester so you can be sure it works. She takes it in the shower and it works fine for that, not sure about snorkeling with it, much less diving, though.

[emoji572]️ You know you're a cruise addict if:

You know what DOtD and OBC mean.

You enter your bedroom at night and look for the towel animal.

You are reading Cruise Critic, and your cruise isn't for months, or you don't even have one booked (yet!) [emoji572]️

• 4 weeks later...

We had Otterbox cases. Husband tried it in the sink before a snorkel trip and it stayed dry. Once we went out on the boat and in the water, phone came out soaked, no pictures and no more phone. Would NOT recommend them.

*We were due for updates so when we got home he went and got his iPhone 6.