Skorts!!

LrgPizza

Am I the only one addicted to skorts? They have popped up everywhere again recently, and I hardly ever wear shorts anymore in lieu of skorts. My favorite place to buy them is Athleta's website. They have super comfy, trendy, stretchy fabric in a large variety of styles and designs. I am seriously addicted and can't wait to take them on my cruise for daywear and port clothing.

Here is my favorite one: (I have it in 3 different colors. LOL)

_12_zps45ee2f9e.jpg s-13_zps3057fcf6.jpg

Edited by LrgPizza

I really like that one. They don't seem to make it anymore.

Looks like they have some clearance, but only in XS or XXS. You can find them on Ebay, which is where I bought 2 of my 3! Of the current ones on Athleta, I think I like Northpeak skort.

Ahhhh...cullottes!
I'm pretty sure cullottes are something different. A skort is a skirt with shorts built-in and attached underneath. Cullottes actually have a separation, so they are kinda like baggy pants.

This is a cullotte, NOT a skort:

culottes-final.jpg

Edited by LrgPizza

Looks like they have some clearance, but only in XS or XXS. You can find them on Ebay, which is where I bought 2 of my 3! Of the current ones on Athleta, I think I like Northpeak skort.

Thanks. I did just find the Oasis skort on Ebay but it's not returnable and the reviews on Athleta say that the bottom of the shorts are tight for curvy women like me. I hope that I run into something like this in stores so that I can try them on.

Kohls always has skorts. They don't have them in the stores now, but they normally arrive with the summer shorts.

I like skorts - and running skirts. I have this delusion that the skirt part makes my thighs look smaller ;)

My mom bought me 4-5 pairs of skorts last spring in thrift stores - Izod golfing, Lands End khaki, something floral that I won't wear:rolleyes:

They can be hot because of the layers of fabric, but I do like them in certain situations - I prefer a skirt or dress to shorts on most occasions, but sometimes want the security of not flashing anyone:p So I deal with the increased temps.... (and yeah, I actually wear them for golf & tennis - not the same pairs....)

I agree skorts and culottes are absolutely NOT the same :eek:

(I would argue that culottes and gauchos are pretty much the same, however:D)

Edited by Hoyaheel

In hot weather, I find they're, ummmmmm, hot.;) You're wearing a skirt over shorts.:)

They can be. The one I have pictured above I actually wear in place of shorts in order to stay cool! I guess it just depends on the material. The Athleta ones generally have coolmax type shorts underneath, so they definitely breathe and keep you cool.

Athleta has the Northpeak skort in a black denim now…

For fun, I have several of the Athleta running skorts that I wear around town in the summer. The "pantie" of all the sports I have from Athleta are pretty comfortable and cooling. I have that Swagger short that I almost lived in for the first month I bought it!!! Now, I wouldn't wear it out in Europe when traveling, but it's sure nice when I'm hanging around the house, walking the dog, trail running, going to the store...

There are also skorts that have a skirt front but the back is shorts without the overskirt.

From the front, it looks like you are wearing a skirt but not from the back. I love that style. Not as hot as the full skirt look.

I have about 4 of them I got from J C Penney.

It's funny, years ago, the skort was a skirt in the front, shorts in the back. The "scooter" was a skirt over shorts. Now the old "skort" is completely gone and you never hear the term "scooter" anymore lol.

I like them because as one poster said, you don't have to worry about the breeze blowing up your skirt, they are comfy, and I can wear it to dinner as well. I can take less clothes on a cruise.

I'm pretty sure cullottes are something different. A skort is a skirt with shorts built-in and attached underneath. Cullottes actually have a separation, so they are kinda like baggy pants.

This is a cullotte, NOT a skort:

culottes-final.jpg

Thank god "cullottes" aren't popping up anywhere! lol :)

I totally forgot about these! Thanks for the laugh!

Am I the only one addicted to skorts? They have popped up everywhere again recently, and I hardly ever wear shorts anymore in lieu of skorts. My favorite place to buy them is Athleta's website. They have super comfy, trendy, stretchy fabric in a large variety of styles and designs. I am seriously addicted and can't wait to take them on my cruise for daywear and port clothing.

Here is my favorite one: (I have it in 3 different colors. LOL)

_12_zps45ee2f9e.jpg s-13_zps3057fcf6.jpg

If you like the ones from Athleta, you will also like all the skorts Title Nine sells. I have about 4 pairs from Title Nine in different styles and love all of them. Great for sightseeing.

I always thought skorts were a skirt in front, shorts in back--apparently this has changed. I hated the look of the skirt/short combo; talk about matronly.

The example shown is cuter, but it looks like it would be hotter since it has more layers. For now I am sticking with either shorts or skirts. If I was that worried about my skirt blowing up I'd either not wear it or wear shorts underneath.

I do get that that would look more bulky.

I always thought skorts were a skirt in front, shorts in back--apparently this has changed. I hated the look of the skirt/short combo; talk about matronly.

The example shown is cuter, but it looks like it would be hotter since it has more layers. For now I am sticking with either shorts or skirts. If I was that worried about my skirt blowing up I'd either not wear it or wear shorts underneath.

I do get that that would look more bulky.

The one I showed the picture of is anything but bulky. It's made as activewear, and the last thing active people want is bulk. The shorts underneath are coolmax compression shorts, so they can make the body appear more slim than in just a regular skirt. I like that it keeps me much cooler in sticky weather than just wearing a plain skirt does. I guess that's why they are all the rage right now with Nike and other big activewear brands for running and cross training. If you typically wear panties with a skirt, then it's the same number of layers, just these are longer panties, I guess. LOL!

I'm just happy there are lots of options available to buy these days so all of us have the opportunity to find something attractive that fits our personal styles & clothing needs :p

Edited by Hoyaheel

The one I showed the picture of is anything but bulky. It's made as activewear, and the last thing active people want is bulk. The shorts underneath are coolmax compression shorts, so they can make the body appear more slim than in just a regular skirt. I like that it keeps me much cooler in sticky weather than just wearing a plain skirt does. I guess that's why they are all the rage right now with Nike and other big activewear brands for running and cross training. If you typically wear panties with a skirt, then it's the same number of layers, just these are longer panties, I guess. LOL!

That makes sense; I just haven't personally seen them. (haven't looked) I think I still prefer shorts for active wear, but I'm glad there are lots of different styles so everyone can wear what they like.

For me, compression wear is very uncomfortable, but obviously not for lots of people, so, again, it's great to have choices.