Carnival Wedding Stress

wondercustard

A similar situation is being discussed on another thread. As others have already said, any time you plan a cruise ship wedding, you’re pretty much accepting that there could be changes to your plans that you may have no choice but to accept.

If you have a destination wedding, the ship may not even make it to that port of call. If you’re planning an embarkation day wedding, the ship may be delayed coming in, effectively canceling your celebration (fog is a common reason during winter and spring along the gulf coast).

Unfortunately you may not get any type of compensation for the change, specially this far out. But look at the bright side. You have almost a year and a half before the cruise! Nobody has booked airfare or hotels this far out. When the day finally arrives, this snafu will hopefully be just one little blip in your plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Carnival was only willing to honor our booking prices and deposits if we continued with the TA, otherwise we would have to wipe everything from the system and pay the higher price for the ship we originally turned down because of said higher price

I feel for you.. Look at the bright side... The Breeze is a much better and newer ship than the Conquest. The Breeze is typically a more expensive ship than the Conquest. So the fact that they are transfering your cheaper fare to the breeze may be a blessing in disguise. Everything will end up working out, maybe even for the better.

This! I was going to suggest the same thing, have a lovely ceremony on the beach. Skip the over priced Carni contractor and go with something special on land. At least then you know that if more stuff happens (ship delayed coming into port, etc.) you will have have your marriage take place at the time you specify.

The main reason is that we just dont want to get married on land. Neither of us have a religion, so churches are out of the question, and most modern court houses are rather boring looking and have no special meaning to us. The actual idea of getting married in the sand is something i flat out refused when we were discussing things to start. If we had chosen a land based wedding it would have been a vineyard lol. Not getting married on the ship would give people less of an incentive to go, because neither of us are from florida.

The main reason is that we just dont want to get married on land. Neither of us have a religion, so churches are out of the question, and most modern court houses are rather boring looking and have no special meaning to us. The actual idea of getting married in the sand is something i flat out refused when we were discussing things to start. If we had chosen a land based wedding it would have been a vineyard lol. Not getting married on the ship would give people less of an incentive to go, because neither of us are from florida.

It will be wonderful !!! The Breeze is an amazing ship and you will probably have a better cruise than you would have had on the Conquest. I have been on the Conquest and Magic (sister to the Breeze) and would have chosen the Breeze over the Conquest in a heartbeat. Since you got the Breeze for the same price, even better :) FWIW, as long as your TA is experienced in doing group cruises, I WOULD NEVER go to a Carnival PVP over a TA experienced in group cruises. Which venue have you chosen for the wedding? Please keep us up to date on how it turned out for you and good luck.

My fiancé and I are planning a destination wedding in July 2019. We will be married on the island of Grand Turk, 2/3 the way through our cruise on the Breeze. I have not been on the Breeze, but everyone is telling me I am going to Love it!

Hang in there! I feel for you and pray you are able to get what you want!

My fiancé and I are planning a destination wedding in July 2019. We will be married on the island of Grand Turk, 2/3 the way through our cruise on the Breeze. I have not been on the Breeze, but everyone is telling me I am going to Love it!

Hang in there! I feel for you and pray you are able to get what you want!

Please have a back-up plan if you miss the port. All types of things can affect docking...

Custard,

I understand. The barefoot on the beach type of wedding never appealed to me either. Hopefully it will all come together and you'll have the wedding YOU want.

Roz

I'm sorry this happened to you but at least you have time to make other arrangements. In December 2016 I was on the Glory. Early one morning I saw 2 brides dressed and ready to get married. Unfortunately we were unable to get into Grand Cayman where both weddings were set to take place.

The cruise director actually come over the loud speaker asking if there was a priest, minister or rabbi on board. A short time later he announced that everyone was invited to the wedding in the main show room. Both couples were married by the captain.

My daughter got married on the Fantasy but it almost did not happen. Seems there is a clause that to get married in the Bahamas you have to wait 24 hours. The cruise change the itinerary and we were only there 10 hours. Nassau gave an exception because it was the itinerary change that affected the time. She did not want to be married in Freeport

It sounds like it’s getting worked out at least. It’d be nice if Carnival could throw in some wine or choc covered strawberries as a nice gesture to you and your guests, but who knows if they will. I’m just very thankful that you got an alternative sailing! Good luck planning!

Well hopefully carnival want charge each guest the customary 50.00 per person for changing their cruise. Surely not since the original cruise is cancelled.

I don’t know that i would of started ordering invitations, etc so early.

Unfortunately the only way to guarantee enough space for friends and family to book rooms to go is to plan in full this far out in advance. A good portion of the sailing is already sold out, and waiting until what is generally deemed appropriate for traditional weddings would leave them with nothing to choose from. It was a necessary evil, as it were.

I'm sorry this happened to you but at least you have time to make other arrangements. In December 2016 I was on the Glory. Early one morning I saw 2 brides dressed and ready to get married. Unfortunately we were unable to get into Grand Cayman where both weddings were set to take place.

The cruise director actually come over the loud speaker asking if there was a priest, minister or rabbi on board. A short time later he announced that everyone was invited to the wedding in the main show room. Both couples were married by the captain.

I'm glad such a fun workaround was found for them. Thankfully we are doing the wedding on the ship before it even leaves florida, so the FH grandmother can attend, as she doesn't want to sail. Hell, we even have backup officiants as both my father and two of my cousins are ordained. Thankfully Carnival did waive the fee for switching cruises, so that's a good thing. The wedding department is hard to get ahold of sometimes but so far they've been working with the TA nonstop to hold the proper dates until they finish shifting the guests from one booking to the next. Seriously top notch TA, she took time out of her own cruise to handle this snafu. Don't worry, we've already got a good thank you gift planned. Mani-pedi gift card, bottle of wine, and an edible arrangement.

Just curious, Carnival Weddings offer you a refund? Thanks

To be honest I'm not sure if they would have refunded our deposit for this. In the contract, it states that our deposit is non-refundable. Which was part of the reason we just stuck it out, othrwise we'd have been out $3,500. They're doing right by us so far though. Across the board when the sailings were cancelled, any guest (not just our party) that had a deposit on their room paid would get $50 obc on the replacement sailing. At least I didn't have to ask for that.

It sounds like it’s getting worked out at least. It’d be nice if Carnival could throw in some wine or choc covered strawberries as a nice gesture to you and your guests, but who knows if they will. I’m just very thankful that you got an alternative sailing! Good luck planning!

Hear, hear....