Takuhaibin luggage delivery Yokohama

Lazy_Whovian

I'm just wondering if takuhaibin luggage delivery is a service that NCL offers? I've read conflicting reports to say that this service is usually available at port and/or some cruise lines have to organise for it to be available at port.

If it's available at the port (regardless of the cruise line) does anyone know if we can get our luggage delivered same day to our hotel in Tokyo (Shinjuku area)? Or will it be an overnight delivery? Some information that i have read states 2 days delivery.

Takuhaibin - also called Takyyubin - is not offered by cruise lines.

It is offered by delivery companies.

At most Japanese ports, all Japanese Shinkansen stations, and at all Japanese airports, these companies have desks set up where you can drop off your bags.

A few cruise lines arrange with the delivery companies to have the pre-printed forms available at the ship's front desk.

Most 7-11's in Japan also offer this service.

On rare occasions you can get your bags delivered the same day.

In most cases, it is an overnight delivery promise.

Takuhaibin - also called Takyyubin - is not offered by cruise lines.

It is offered by delivery companies.

At most Japanese ports, all Japanese Shinkansen stations, and at all Japanese airports, these companies have desks set up where you can drop off your bags.

A few cruise lines arrange with the delivery companies to have the pre-printed forms available at the ship's front desk.

Most 7-11's in Japan also offer this service.

On rare occasions you can get your bags delivered the same day.

In most cases, it is an overnight delivery promise.

Thank you so much for that information 😁

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you so much for that information [emoji16]
We sailed on the Diamond Princess into Yokohama in April. As we were hoping to go on the train to our hotel in Shinjuku we wanted to use the luggage service for our cases. There was a shuttle from the port(I think it was supplied by Yokohama not Princess) to Sakuragicho station. In the station in the Information Office was a Yamato counter for luggage transfer. The cost was worked out by size and weight. I think our 2 large cases, at least 20kg each, cost about A$40. We hadn't rushed off the ship(didn't get to the station until at least 11.30am) so missed the cut off for same day delivery. We were told the suitcases would be delivered the next day and they were. The whole process was a lot easier than we expected. Easy to catch a train from Sakuragicho to Yokohama main station then onto a train to Shinjuku.

Anne

Sent from my SM-T813 using Forums mobile app