Carnival Splendor for 13 yr old Boy...... Gift Basket.... What to include?

wealwayswander

Taking my 13 yr old nephew on his first vacation / cruise in November on the Carnival Splendor. Our flight to the port will be 3 hours, staying in a hotel the night before, and we have FTTF when we board. I want to get him a gift bag / basket to give him before we go..... what should I include in it???

That sounds like a great trip! My suggestions as a mom of 16 yo and 18 yo boys are first off snacks. Esp for the plane. The small cans of Pringles travel well as do packaged snacks like Cheez It's and mini Oreos/Chips Ahoy. Goggles would be fun, snorkel too if you'll be spending time at beaches with good snorkeling. Beach towels are fun but not necessary since you can use the ones from the ship. Insulated refillable mug. Find out his favorite game/show/character and get him a lanyard for his Sail and Sign card with that theme. Finally, Chapstick with SPF15-30 in it.

Such a sweet idea! My nearly 13 year old would also appreciate a good book or two, some fun Mad Libs style books, a deck of cards or card game like Uno or Phase 10. Things that could come in handy on the ship! :) Have a great trip! We’re doing the same trip in the spring!