Coffee brand in Explorations Cafe?

POA1

I don't know for sure, but the iced decaf latte that I had on the Zuiderdam almost everyday in February tasted exactly like the iced decaf latte I make for myself at home in my Keurig. The front of the box says "Barista Prima Coffeehouse" Decaf Italian Roast. I just examined the box - its manufactured by Green Mountain Roasters.

I hope this is helpful.

Shop HALonline website sells Beukenhorst coffee - don't know if they use this in-house too.

http://www.shophollandamerica.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category_detail&category_id_int=33301&iStartRow=13&sortby=PA

More info if this is the brand: https://www.beukenhorst.com

This is the coffee served fleetwide in the Pinnacle Grill.

We order 3 bags and get a "free" mug about every 4 months.

It's actually a dark roasted expresso bean. Quite strong but we love it.

The coffee drinkers in my party have investigated, but have no definitive answer. I suspect like everything else on board, the available brands depend on where the supplies were loaded.

The coffee drinkers in my party have never complained about the coffee in the Explorations Cafe, and at least two natives of coffeetowns (Seattle, WA & Melbourne, Vic) say it's as good as their preferred hometown coffee.

Unless there is an ingredient in a particular brand you cannot have for whatever reason, I wouldn't worry about the brands used on the ship because they do change frequently, based on where they are loaded and what's available when the order is placed. I have not found HAL to be "brand loyal" to anything on any of my cruises.

I am buying the non Alchohol package for the coffee and water. How much is acappicino and large iced.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The non-alcoholic beverage package covers your coffees. If you had to pay retail, I think $2.95 is the top end.

We were on the Westerdam in June and the Exploration Cafe told us that they use Segafredo coffee from Italy. A few sampling of the coffee prices including the 15% service charge are:

Large Americano - $2.88

Double Espresso - $2.24

Large Cafe Latte - $3.74

Large White Mocha - $4.03

We really enjoyed our daily coffees from the friendly servers at the Explorations Cafe onboard the Westerdam.

The coffee drinkers in my party have investigated, but have no definitive answer. I suspect like everything else on board, the available brands depend on where the supplies were loaded.

The coffee drinkers in my party have never complained about the coffee in the Explorations Cafe, and at least two natives of coffeetowns (Seattle, WA & Melbourne, Vic) say it's as good as their preferred hometown coffee.

Unless there is an ingredient in a particular brand you cannot have for whatever reason, I wouldn't worry about the brands used on the ship because they do change frequently, based on where they are loaded and what's available when the order is placed. I have not found HAL to be "brand loyal" to anything on any of my cruises.

Do your Aussie friends like Campos? my hometown just got a branch of it this winter - they brought over Aussie talent to run the place. It's not open when I'm not working, so I haven't had the chance to sample...

I did like the coffee in Explorations, but I didn't ask what it was. Can't be Green Mountain - we have that swill as our employee K cup choice (4 different "blends", all bad). I only make a cup of that when it's 10pm and I'm falling asleep and I still have a few hours of work to get through. I think I would have noticed that Explorations coffee tasted like my back office brew ;)

Also which waters are included?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is usually Perrier and San Pelligrino sparkling and a still spring water. The still water varies depending on your departure port.

Do your Aussie friends like Campos? my hometown just got a branch of it this winter - they brought over Aussie talent to run the place. It's not open when I'm not working, so I haven't had the chance to sample...

I did like the coffee in Explorations, but I didn't ask what it was. Can't be Green Mountain - we have that swill as our employee K cup choice (4 different "blends", all bad). I only make a cup of that when it's 10pm and I'm falling asleep and I still have a few hours of work to get through. I think I would have noticed that Explorations coffee tasted like my back office brew ;)

I haven't heard of Campos. Looking them up, there is only one close to us in Melbourne. We will have to check it out the next time we're in the area. My Melbournian coffee drinker prefers a local coffee shop that uses beans roasted locally for the shop - it's a custom roast for that shop, so I don't know the preferred brand of coffee that is. I'm not a coffee drinker but I can say local cafes make much better hot cocoa than the popular international chain with a mermaid.

The Seattle-ite coffee drinker doesn't care for the mermaid coffee and was pleased with the Explorations Cafe coffee and got several a day, so much so that the cafe workers started to make his order as soon as they saw him coming. The Keep Cup (an Australian company making barista-standard reusable coffee cups) I got for another traveling companion got a workout because he took it over for the cruise.

Putting in a pitch for Argovia coffee in Chiapas Mexico for those coming into that port - Puerto Chiapas - shore excursion goes up to their very lovely Swiss heritage coffee plantation resort. We continue to order our coffee directly from them, and even with shipping it remains cheaper than other local premium brands.