Door Locks on Glory

lukeduke07

Tried a search but couldn't find anything. Can the rooms be locked from the inside so that a S&S key won't open it? I ask because we're letting our kids sign themselves in and out of Camp Ocean and don't want them walking in on "private happy fun time" between my wife and I if we decide to on a whim.

Anyone know?

Thanks!

Yes you simply lock the deadbolt which people should get in the habit of doing anyway when in the cabin. Every time I hear a story about how a cabin steward “barged in”, my first thought is that wouldn’t have happened if the person locked the door. So if you are in your cabin, lock the deadbolt.

The steward's card can open the deadbolt.

No I don’t believe it can. I think they have to have an officer present with something that can actually turn the deadbolt from the outside. A swipe of the card will not unlock the deadbolt on Carnival ships. At least not Conquest Class. If it does, it’s news to me.

No I don’t believe it can. I think they have to have an officer present with something that can actually turn the deadbolt from the outside. A swipe of the card will not unlock the deadbolt on Carnival ships. At least not Conquest Class. If it does, it’s news to me.

Agreed. That's the whole purpose of the deadbolt.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't believe the cabin steward's card will bypass the deadbolt, but even if it did, the kid's cards wouldn't. Typically the only way to override the deadbolt is with a "hard key" (actual metal key) that are only given to Security and about 5 senior staff/officers, or with a special key card which are kept in the HD's safe and are given to assigned crew during an emergency when they are clearing cabins.

Yes you simply lock the deadbolt which people should get in the habit of doing anyway when in the cabin. Every time I hear a story about how a cabin steward “barged in”, my first thought is that wouldn’t have happened if the person locked the door. So if you are in your cabin, lock the deadbolt.

I think the same, like with stories how housekeeping "barged in".

I don't believe the cabin steward's card will bypass the deadbolt, but even if it did, the kid's cards wouldn't. Typically the only way to override the deadbolt is with a "hard key" (actual metal key) that are only given to Security and about 5 senior staff/officers, or with a special key card which are kept in the HD's safe and are given to assigned crew during an emergency when they are clearing cabins.

I had a situation like this back in 2009 on the Glory. I had locked the deadbolt so I could change clothes without going in the bathroom. However, I forgot to un-bolt it and went to bed, locking my sister out. After knocking and calling the room phone (which I slept through), she had to call security. The security officer (not the cabin steward) had to unlock the door. I believe it was with a metal key, but it could have been with a special card.

Regardless, the stewards have a way to get the deadbolt undone (whether it is with their key or needing an officer). But, I do agree with the spirit of the post, use the deadbolt.

Well, yeah. They have to be able to get in for safety reasons but it’s not as simple as them swiping their card to override the deadbolt. They aren’t going to barge in on you unannounced without good cause to fear for your well being.