Glory - Steakhouse

jas1178

Is the steakhouse still serving the old menu? Thought I heard it was only rolled out to Dream class....

An email I received from the Steakhouse Manager on the Glory last month said that they had heard the new menu would be rolled out to them this month. I also heard it was supposed to be rolled out fleet-wide by the end of Spring.

We're going in a couple of months, so we will know for sure then.

Edited by Keys2Heaven

Just off the Glory on 3 Feb. They had the old menu for both Steakhouse and Chef's table. On one of our three Steakhouse visits we were told you can only get one side. Didn't push it as we had a large group. They did mention the new menu was coming but I don't remember if they had a date. The new deli menu was out but my wife and I were not impressed. The chicken sandwich was sad, nugget sized chicken on a large roll. It was tasty and I had it twice. My wife didn't like what she got once which was a ham and cheese.

• 4 weeks later...

Two weeks ago the Glory had the old menu. THey also accidentally gave my wife a group menu that didn't have the chocolate sampler as an option for dessert.

Out of all the ships i've sailed on, the steakhouse on the Glory was the worst. Not at all what I've had on other ships. My flat iron steak in the MDR was just as good as my filet in the steakouse.

Two weeks ago the Glory had the old menu. THey also accidentally gave my wife a group menu that didn't have the chocolate sampler as an option for dessert.

Out of all the ships i've sailed on, the steakhouse on the Glory was the worst. Not at all what I've had on other ships. My flat iron steak in the MDR was just as good as my filet in the steakouse.

Ouch. That's not good to hear.

That's not good since we booked our 20th anniversary dinner May 1st at the steakhouse:eek:

don't believe everything you read here. Comparing a Flat iron to a filet is ludicrous. even the best Chefs talk about how hard it is to cook a flat iron and it has to be mr/rare to be tender, not your best cut of meat. I have never had a bad meal in any of the Steakhouses. The comment about the one side is somewhat misleading. You can only have one appetizer. You can have soup, salad, appetizer, dinner, and dessert, no problem.

• 4 weeks later...
What did you have?

I had Shrimp Cocktail, Mushroom Cappuccino*, Spinach & Mushroom Salad, Surf & Turf (Filet w/ 5 Spice Rub* & Lobster Tail), Truffle Mac & Cheese*, Cream Spinach, & Chocolate Sampler.

Wifey had Mushroom Cappuccino*, Tomato & Mozzarella Salad, Filet w/ 5 Spice Rub*, Wasabi Potatoes, Mushrooms, Cheese Cake.

*Special or Custom Requests.

Did I mention is was AMAZING

• 3 weeks later...
I had Shrimp Cocktail, Mushroom Cappuccino*, Spinach & Mushroom Salad, Surf & Turf (Filet w/ 5 Spice Rub* & Lobster Tail), Truffle Mac & Cheese*, Cream Spinach, & Chocolate Sampler.

Wifey had Mushroom Cappuccino*, Tomato & Mozzarella Salad, Filet w/ 5 Spice Rub*, Wasabi Potatoes, Mushrooms, Cheese Cake.

*Special or Custom Requests.

Did I mention is was AMAZING

Going in June with a group of 16 (kids and adults). Thinking of doing an adult dinner while the kids are in Camp Carnival. I may have to duplicate your order! It sounds scrumptious

Comparing a Flat iron to a filet is ludicrous. even the best Chefs talk about how hard it is to cook a flat iron and it has to be mr/rare to be tender, not your best cut of meat.

Depends on what you are looking for - flavor or tenderness. Yes, filet will be more tender but the tougher cuts have more flavor. I prefer flavor over texture, but I know older folks for whom tenderness is paramount. Everyone's different.

Does anyone know what the differences are from the old menu to the new menu? We have eaten in the Steakhouse on different ships for the last several years, and have already booked dinner for our upcoming cruise in October. Now I'm a bit nervous as to what changes I can expect? Thanks!

Does anyone know what the differences are from the old menu to the new menu? We have eaten in the Steakhouse on different ships for the last several years, and have already booked dinner for our upcoming cruise in October. Now I'm a bit nervous as to what changes I can expect? Thanks!

The new menu has been posted here previously and a search might find it. I don't know which ships already have switched to the new menu. I am fairly sure the Vista, Horizon, Dream, Magic and Breeze were among the first.

I remember only the changes that bothered me. Funny how that works!

Appetizers deleted included Beef Carpaccio and escargot. I think an oyster appetizer was added and possibly some form of steak tartare.

Desserts deleted included the Chocolate Sampler and the cheesecake. I don't remember what replaced them.

Sorry I can't offer any more information.

Hope you have a great cruise.

Thank you for your responses. HaHa, yes, I agree....maybe "nervous" was the wrong word to use. I have never had a bad meal at the Steakhouse! I'm sorry to see the Cheesecake go, it was my favorite...but no doubt I'll manage to find something....:p

• 1 month later...
That's not good since we booked our 20th anniversary dinner May 1st at the steakhouse:eek:

How was your dinner in the steakhouse? We are going for 6 weeks early next winter and I'd love to hear that it was great. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I will be going on the Glory September 22nd...and made reservations for the steakhouse for the first evening of the cruise...offering the free bottle of wine.....Has the new menu been offered in the steakhouse as yet? Am i correct on how the steakhouse restaurant works....(1) appetizer...soup, salad.....(1) dinner...(1) dessert....coffee..I will be sailing solo...so this is for one person....also do they offer white chardronay wine as well as red?

Also if the new menu is availale....can you tell me what choices that they do have now...

Thank You

Cathy

• 1 month later...
Just off the Glory on 3 Feb. They had the old menu for both Steakhouse and Chef's table. On one of our three Steakhouse visits we were told you can only get one side. Didn't push it as we had a large group. They did mention the new menu was coming but I don't remember if they had a date. The new deli menu was out but my wife and I were not impressed. The chicken sandwich was sad, nugget sized chicken on a large roll. It was tasty and I had it twice. My wife didn't like what she got once which was a ham and cheese.

What is the "New Menu"? Sail on her next month and have 2 steakhouse reservations.