Lido deck Balcony room on Carnival Glory

Burtonair01

How are the Balcony rooms on the Lido deck, we will be on the Glory? We want to be close to the action but was wondering if it will be too loud. Suggestions, advice, reviews?
We have been in many lido balconies on Conquest class ships and I'll tell you once you do it you'll never get a cabin anywhere else on those ships. It's a wonderful location you'll love it and it's not noisy at all. As a matter of fact our favorite locations on those ships are the closest to the double sliding doors cabin 9293. It has its own hallway and door that keeps it even quieter , if you can snag one of those you'll love it

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

I agree with the above poster. We always try to get a Lido balcony when booking on any of the Conquest class ships. The convenience is great for accessing the pool and outdoor bars there, the buffet and Guys on the ships that have it. Never had an issue with it being too loud.

I have been in 2 lido deck balcony rooms and neither were noisy. The only time I heard noise last cruise was when there was a deck party going on but it wasn't really bad. I recommend if you are a light sleeper to stay away from the elevators cause the constant ding can be annoying.

How are the Balcony rooms on the Lido deck, we will be on the Glory? We want to be close to the action but was wondering if it will be too loud. Suggestions, advice, reviews?

I will agree that the Lido rooms are the best. Were booked in a grand scenic OV in Feb. Just a couple of steps and you can get coffee in the morning! I will say however, we had 9723 on the liberty and when out on the balcony there is an air intake vent that makes a constant noise. Was annoying at first but we got used to it. I would get closer the the doors and away from the atrium if possible.

Stay away from the Atrium area. We had 9270 and 9268 and could hear the music from down below until they stopped at about midnight. Not a problem if you stay up late, but we don’t.

The same thing happened to us in 9269. It was awful. In addition, we found out that we were also across from the steward's pantry and washroom. The noise did not get really bad until 7:30am.

9268 & 9270 are across from the laundry room. Was that ever an issue?

:)

I have been in 2 lido deck balcony rooms and neither were noisy. The only time I heard noise last cruise was when there was a deck party going on but it wasn't really bad. I recommend if you are a light sleeper to stay away from the elevators cause the constant ding can be annoying.

You must have extremely good hearing. We always choose cabins on the Panorama Deck right by the elevators and have never once heard a ding. It's not like the elevators are right across the passageway from your cabin.

If you are right by the entrances to the Lido and Panorama decks and are out on your balcony, you can hear music but not in the cabins.

The same thing happened to us in 9269. It was awful. In addition, we found out that we were also across from the steward's pantry and washroom. The noise did not get really bad until 7:30am.

9268 & 9270 are across from the laundry room. Was that ever an issue?

:)

No I never had an issue with the laundry room. I would take that over a RS closet any day. I have been there and done that too!

We have been in many lido balconies on Conquest class ships and I'll tell you once you do it you'll never get a cabin anywhere else on those ships. It's a wonderful location you'll love it and it's not noisy at all. As a matter of fact our favorite locations on those ships are the closest to the double sliding doors cabin 9293. It has its own hallway and door that keeps it even quieter , if you can snag one of those you'll love it

We are in room 9293, glad to hear you guys liked this room!! We've got 6 rooms all in a row starting with 9293.

I agree with the above poster. We always try to get a Lido balcony when booking on any of the Conquest class ships. The convenience is great for accessing the pool and outdoor bars there, the buffet and Guys on the ships that have it. Never had an issue with it being too loud.

That's what I was thinking when we booked it. Just was worried if it was noisy. Thanks!

We are in room 9293, glad to hear you guys liked this room!! We've got 6 rooms all in a row starting with 9293.
You'll love it! Don't forget you have a sort of private door and hallway many people don't know about right in front of your cabin that takes you right to the big glass double doors that take you to the action. Enjoy

You're welcome, enjoy your cruise. We have a Lido balcony on the Glory next Dec. Our second time on Glory and sixth time on a Conquest class, always Lido balcony.

We are going in Dec. as well, the 22nd is when we board. Christmas cruise, Eastern Caribbean.

Cabin 9210, port side. This is our favorite on Conquest class ships.

We’ve had that cabin many times. You can see the waves from the bow and hear them crash. It’s also a super place to watch the ship dock in port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our first cruise in 2016 on Splendor we picked a lido deck balcony right up front 3 doors down from the Captains suite. It was VERY quiet. only noise we heard was the occasional balcony door slamming because they let go of the door. only happened a couple times but all the other time all we heard was waves quietly rolling off the sides of the bow. It was the best quiet white noise ever to fall asleep too. sitting out on the balcony it was the best relaxing noise of waves crashing off the bow. These rooms have rooms above them and below them. Our next cruise on Glory in April we booked Lido deck balcony rooms right up front again. Cant wait to go. All of our future cruises we are booking Lido deck balcony rooms.