Bringing a case of water on board

momathan

You can buy a case (24 bottles) from your personalizer and it will be in your stateroom already when you arrive. The cost is only $6.90x2=$13.80. To me that is so much easier and not expensive either.

Also, when we run out, we have kept several bottles and refilled them from the sink, or if that doesn't seem good to you (the water is great by the way), you can refill up in the buffet. Then I keep them in the mini-fridge to keep cool. You could buy more in any port of call but you would have to track it down and carry it back to the ship. Just too much for me. So I buy through my personalizer and refill if and as necessary!

Pooh

This implies a small amount of effort on your part. You'll have to visit a store where you can purchase the water and carry it to the ship. The cost of bottled water for purchase on the ship isn't bad; you do need to order it in advance.

If you are cruising Alaska, there is a wal-mart in Ketchikan that provides a shuttle to and from town. People will tell you that it is for crew members, but Wal-mart says it is available to anyone. I rode it from the store back to town on our last cruise.

You can buy a case (24 bottles) from your personalizer and it will be in your stateroom already when you arrive. The cost is only $6.90x2=$13.80. To me that is so much easier and not expensive either.

Pooh

We recently took the 28 Day Hawaii, Samoa & Fr. Poly cruise. We ordered 4 of the $6.90 qty's of water from the Personalizer and it was just the right amount for the cruise. You will love the Golden.

Just Mike

Also, when we run out, we have kept several bottles and refilled them from the sink, or if that doesn't seem good to you (the water is great by the way), you can refill up in the buffet. Then I keep them in the mini-fridge to keep cool. You could buy more in any port of call but you would have to track it down and carry it back to the ship. Just too much for me. So I buy through my personalizer and refill if and as necessary!

Pooh

Just remember...if you refill in the buffet, use a glass to get the water and pour into the bottle.

There's usually a sign to this effect, but it's ignored a lot.

Just remember...if you refill in the buffet, use a glass to get the water and pour into the bottle.

There's usually a sign to this effect, but it's ignored a lot.

Oops, mea culpa. I do the glass to bottle thing as I follow rules, but forgot to mention it here as it is just what I always do. Thanks for pointing it out!

Pooh

Can't understand for the life of me why anyone would spend hundreds of dollars/pounds on a cruise then scrimp and save a few pennies on bottled water. Guess we have to respect differences.

It's definitely worth it to us to order the water and have it sent directly to the cabin. It's just SO much easier and the cost is fantastic compared to buying it piece-meal onboard (.57 cents vs. $3-ish per bottle). What I've found is that they'll sometimes deliver only the first 12 bottles and leave a card for the second 12 bottles. You can call to have the second order delivered to your cabin whenever you want. It saves a little on space and I suppose that's why they do it that way.