Mexican Riviera Shore Excursion suggestions

Ak4n3

I just realized that it’s almost November and I haven’t researched the pirts for my family’s cruise for December yet. :eek: The itinerary is Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta.

It will be me, my DH, DS (12) and DD (3). I looked at the excursion choices online but because of DD, snorkeling, animal encounters, ATV and zipline are out of the question.

When we get off the ship, will it be easy for us to get an independent tour for any of the ports? Are they safe? If you have been to this itinerary, what do you recommend?

Thanks in advance.

In Puerto Vallarta there are always people there offering tours. We have done this twice and they have been great, felt safe. One was to a zip lining place, small tequila factory and a stop to look at the view. That’s just to give you an idea of a one day tour. The prices are good just make sure you get a quote. One excursion(through Carnival) I really recommend is Las Caletas in Puerto Vallarta, it’s worth the money. And it’s not very crowded there.

We don’t do much in the other ports.

We are doing this itinerary also in December so I am looking for new things to do but haven’t found anything.

You do know there is a forum on here for ports of call? You can get good information there.

Have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Check out Trip Advisor and find what interests you most.

Since you have a large age gap in participants you need to figure out what’s appropriate for your group.

There’s a great, authentic cooking class in Cabo. The lady who runs it is on Trip Advisor. We were going to do it last year but my fam elected to go to The Office to eat, drink and jet ski.

We’ve toured Old Town PV and liked it.

Choosing what your group can/wants to do would be a great starting point.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cabo is a tender port, once you get to shore, there will be lots of vendors offering tours. You might consider taking a water taxi tour of the arch and then being dropped at Medano Beach which is lined with restaurants where you can get a lounger and watch the kids play in the water. The more family friendly spots are Billygan's, Milkey Way next door to Billygan's, and the Sand Bar.

Also, the marina in Cabo is a nice walk, also loaded with restaurants and shops if the beach is not your thing.

Cabo is a tender port, once you get to shore, there will be lots of vendors offering tours. You might consider taking a water taxi tour of the arch and then being dropped at Medano Beach which is lined with restaurants where you can get a lounger and watch the kids play in the water. The more family friendly spots are Billygan's, Milkey Way next door to Billygan's, and the Sand Bar.

Also, the marina in Cabo is a nice walk, also loaded with restaurants and shops if the beach is not your thing.

I'm glad that there will be tour operators ashore. My husband wants to do the touristy thing and walk around the marina but puttering at the beach sounds wonderful (for me, LOL). My kids love the beach. Thanks for the suggestion.

Cabo beaches are aggressive slopes with strong waves. The waves will pull an average swimmer out into the sea. I am not trying to scare you but you need to understand Cabo's water and beaches.

Doing a boat tour of the Arch and area is a must-do (once is enough). Snorkeling in Cabo is meh when compared to the Caribbean.

The port is great for walking with lots of shops to buy local goods from.

If you're seeking quality Mex tequila, head to the shopping mall, yep the mall, at the far end of the marina. The mall has a Harley Davidson shop (landmark/reference point).

In the mall on the first floor there's a sundries shop that sells shirts, glasses, bathing suits and what nots. I bring this up because they have the BEST tequila bar in the shop for tastings. No fee and you can try everything. They also have the best prices in Cabo from my experience.

They will have stuff you cannot get stateside.

In Puerto Vallarta there are always people there offering tours. We have done this twice and they have been great, felt safe. One was to a zip lining place, small tequila factory and a stop to look at the view. That’s just to give you an idea of a one day tour. The prices are good just make sure you get a quote. One excursion(through Carnival) I really recommend is Las Caletas in Puerto Vallarta, it’s worth the money. And it’s not very crowded there.

We don’t do much in the other ports.

We are doing this itinerary also in December so I am looking for new things to do but haven’t found anything.

You do know there is a forum on here for ports of call? You can get good information there.

Have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree Las Caletas was great. We will definitely do it again next time.

Another option would be the a Resort Pass in Cabo, https://cabosanlucascruiseexcursions.com/excursions/cabo-resort-beach-break-day-pass/ this one is free for kids under 5. They have a boat trip to the arches and might be interesting for your youngest as we saw sea lions and its a super short trip.

• 2 weeks later...

Last Christmas we took our 18, 16, 15, 13 and a 3 yr olds (some ours, some my sister’s) to Stone Island with King David Tours. With that many kids, it was great to have someone take care of every little detail for us. It was $35 per person (3 yr old was free) and included lunch, drinks, and activities for the whole day along with the best and most hilarious tour guide ever.

They met us right as we got off the tram, provided all the transportation, watched our belongings while we kayaked, and even kept an eye on the clock fo us to make sure we were back to the ship on time.

For an extra $20 we made a deal with a waiter who set up loungers right at the waters edge so we could watch the kids and he kept the chips and guacamole and our drinks full.

Honestly it was worth every single penny!