say it ain't so - prime rib is gone now too.

CruisinHarvey

I've read 2 reviews from the last couple of weeks, one from the Jade and one from the Getaway. Both say the same thing. Did they really get rid of prime rib nights in O'Sheehans?

Yep, this was previously discussed. I've seen the prime rib disappear on cruises here and there over the years only to miraculously return. Time will tell if it's a permanent thing. There was one poster who said a while back that the prime rib was gone and another poster who was on the same sailing said he enjoyed it.

So.... :confused:

Yep, this was previously discussed. I've seen the prime rib disappear on cruises here and there over the years only to miraculously return. Time will tell if it's a permanent thing. There was one poster who said a while back that the prime rib was gone and another poster who was on the same sailing said he enjoyed it.

So.... :confused:

I sure hope it's not gone. The review of the Getaway had the dailies included. None of them had prime rib night.

I sure hope it's not gone. The review of the Getaway had the dailies included. None of them had prime rib night.

Might have been a supply issue, might have been they tried something else instead. Heck, I don't know.

But I'm sure someone will come along and tell you that prime rib is not mentioned in the NCL passenger contract/terms and conditions of sailing. :evilsmile:

I'll be on the Star this Friday and will post if there is Prime Rib

I'm on the Star right now (14 Day Panama Canal cruise) and we had Prime Rib in the buffet on 2 nights that I know of. Might have even been more, that I just missed. Never saw it at O'Sheenans, but that doesn't mean they didn't have it.

We were on the Getaway on the Nov. 26-Dec. 3 cruise. Although we didn't go, they did have prime rib at least once, maybe twice, in O'Sheehan's. We didn't go, but at least it was advertised as such. Also saw it in the buffet.

Also had prime rib twice in the main dining room, that I know of. We only had 3 meals there.

We were on the Dawn this past week. No prime rib at osheahans and the rest of the food in the pub wasn’t edible.

so you checked every day, right? When we were on the Pearl it was the first night in O'Sheehans. As for the food in O'Sheehans as being inedible, I guess it is a matter of opinion. We enjoyed it more this past sailing than on any other and we have been eating lunch at O'sheehans since the first one opened on the Jewel in 2005. The sandwiches were great, the Cesar salad very tasty and the wings and fish and chips were all above par. I think it is important to remember O'Sheehans is meant to be a quick place to grab a bite just like a diner and not meant to replace the main dining rooms or the specialty dining rooms. It is just a feel good place to eat.

This is beginning to sound like a "My father-in-law's third cousin's next door neighbors dog groomer said..." type of rumor. Thanks to all who are reporting from their experiences. Just because it was missing on one sailing does not mean it was discontinued fleetwide.

so you checked every day, right? When we were on the Pearl it was the first night in O'Sheehans. As for the food in O'Sheehans as being inedible, I guess it is a matter of opinion. We enjoyed it more this past sailing than on any other and we have been eating lunch at O'sheehans since the first one opened on the Jewel in 2005. The sandwiches were great, the Cesar salad very tasty and the wings and fish and chips were all above par. I think it is important to remember O'Sheehans is meant to be a quick place to grab a bite just like a diner and not meant to replace the main dining rooms or the specialty dining rooms. It is just a feel good place to eat.

Correct. We had drinks here nightly. No sign of any "specials".

There was prime rib in the MDR. It was a mediocre cut of meat and overcooked.

As for O'Sheehans, I guess it's all relative to the standard and quality of food that one is used to that defines what "par" even is. I don't consider frozen processed fries and pre-battered frozen Captain Highliner triangular fish fingers as "above par" because the pubs we are used to serve fresh cut fries and fresh caught and battered fish... so for us O'Sheehan's would be "sub par". The "artichoke dip" was cream of mushroom soup with fake processed parmesan on top... the "nachos" had some kind of plastic orange sauce with zero resemblance to actual cheddar or any type of cheese for that matter... Caesar salad, again with fake parmesan vs the real thing. We don't eat anything frozen or processed during snack or meal time at home, so why would we want to on our cruise?