Titanic

babs135

Would you sail on the Titanic if she could be raised from the ocean floor and fully restored? I ask the question because here in the UK the speed record holder boat Bluebird has been restored and is back on the water. Article here:

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/08/06/300-mph-bluebird-jet-boat-returns-to-water-51-years-after-fatal-crash.html

My answer to my own question is quite simply NO.

What are your thoughts?

Yes ,because my father came to the US in 1913 from Liverpool .Had he decided to come a year earlier he could very well have been on the Titanic .

Several things to add to this discussion: No, I would feel as if I were disrespecting those who lost their lives if I were to even consider boarding the raised Titanic. I was absolutely stunned when I saw how the Pyramids and the surrounding areas are filled with vendors, kids bouncing balls off the pyramids, and climbing up the steps. I expected a somewhat somber, quieter crowd, as someone had mentioned that these are burial sites. Finally, I suppose if they can make a musical about the Titanic tragedy, then I guess the passage of time does make memories of such awful events fade.

Of course, the “sanctity” of grave sites seems to fade with the passage of time. No one seems to feel that way about Rome’s Castel Sant’Angelo (Hadrian’s) or Egypt’s Great Pyramid (Cheops’) - so certainly a thousand or two years’ passage makes it OK. That Brit parking lot (Richard III’s) was fresher - they still dug him up; but I recall reinterred him with full military honors - sort of thumbing the state’s nose at Henry VII.

We don't drink and dance on Castel Sant'Angelo the way we would on a cruise ship brought bac gto life.

At a ship's hcristening, it is ordered to bring the ship to life.............. crew it/ man it.