Diamond Member benefits?

Thanks for your response. My other question with the menu is how much of a mixed drink would the bartender make eg, martini, margarita, bloody mary? Or are the options only rum/coke, gin/tonic etc.?

You can get a variety of mixed drinks. However, you cannot get blender, frozen, or upper shelf cocktails.

We're D+ on RCI and just cruised Celebrity for the first time.....we were given the level of Elite...however the included perks (Aqua class category) of comp internet and drink package was a very nice addition.

Lemon Drop Martinis are one of my favorite drinks! Would love if that is included. Otherwise, I'll be going for the Cider. On my last cruise, they were out of ciders on the last day!

Lemon Drop is also my favorite and yes...you can get them in the lounge or at most any bar during designated hours. I've also gotten a Chocolate Martini at certain bars too.

What type of food is offered in the Diamond Lounge during the day? In the morning, do they have Danish or other pastries? Do they have appetizers or other snacks in the afternoon or evening?

Yes to that.

Pastries, breads, bagels, cheese, fruit, muesli for continental breakfast.

Hot and cold hors d'oeuvres in the evening.

We will make diamond our next cruise & I intend to book another one using my Diamond discount for a balcony. We don't drink alcohol so could we use our vouchers for a non alcoholic drink like a virgin mixed drink or should we go to the D Lounge?

What type of food is offered in the Diamond Lounge during the day? In the morning, do they have Danish or other pastries? Do they have appetizers or other snacks in the afternoon or evening?

You might also find some food items during the day, such as cookies, fruit, even small sandwiches, but this does not happen in every Diamond Lounge.

We will make diamond our next cruise & I intend to book another one using my Diamond discount for a balcony. We don't drink alcohol so could we use our vouchers for a non alcoholic drink like a virgin mixed drink or should we go to the D Lounge?

As long as it's not a blender drink or frozen drink - yes you can.

Get a virgin bloody mary - tomato juice. :D

LOL! And I thought I corrected that typo quickly! Well spotted.

Here is the 'back door' to select your gift preferences

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/mycruises/vanityDisplayValidateAmenityMemberInfo.do

This link just gives me a run around, goes to old site , but all links go to new site

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have two rooms booked my wife doesn’t really drink , but if she’s booked in the 2nd room , can I share my diamond drinks with her , even though I will have the drink package .... seems like might be a bit of a gray area

We have two rooms booked my wife doesn’t really drink , but if she’s booked in the 2nd room , can I share my diamond drinks with her , even though I will have the drink package .... seems like might be a bit of a gray area

If you are Diamond...then she should be too. So she will have the same benefits. If she is not...then go talk to them at the Loyalty desk & they will adjust it so she shows the same level as you.

This upcoming cruise will be my first as a diamond. Can we use the drink vouchers in the MDR or do I have to run out to oneof the bars?

The vouchers are only good at the bars. Occasionally, there have been reports of MDR's on "some" ships allowing them. But that is not the norm. You can always stop by a bar on the way into the MDR & get a drink first.

Edited by SRV FAN

If you do not call to select your Diamond gift, what's the default? Or don't you get it at all?

We get 4 bottled waters & a plate of cookies (that I can't eat) as our Welcome Gift. Sometimes we will get a plate of fruit later in the cruise.

I'm a Diamond, not Diamond +, on my recent Oasis cruise, on day 2 there was a bottle of Champagne in a ice bucket with 2 champagne glasses left in our room. It is from Guest Services Manager with a letter saying welcome aboard the Oasis and and their appreciation for choosing Royal Caribbean for another cruise and loyaly to their brand.

I didn't think Diamond benefits includes a champagne bottle in our room. Is this something new or just special case ?

Thanks

I'm a Diamond, not Diamond +, on my recent Oasis cruise, on day 2 there was a bottle of Champagne in a ice bucket with 2 champagne glasses left in our room. It is from Guest Services Manager with a letter saying welcome aboard the Oasis and and their appreciation for choosing Royal Caribbean for another cruise and loyaly to their brand.

I didn't think Diamond benefits includes a champagne bottle in our room. Is this something new or just special case ?

Thanks

Special case.

Thanks

I was wondering what happened to my Bubbly:halo::halo:

We're D+ on RCI and just cruised Celebrity for the first time.....we were given the level of Elite...however the included perks (Aqua class category) of comp internet and drink package was a very nice addition.

So happy to see this message. Overall, how did the perks on Celebrity compare to RCL? We become D+ in November, and we're looking at giving Celebrity a try.

If you are Diamond...then she should be too. So she will have the same benefits. If she is not...then go talk to them at the Loyalty desk & they will adjust it so she shows the same level as you.

No she is diamond as well , my inquiry was more to if she wanted a 4th drink during the happy hour time , if she could technically have one of mine even though I have the drink package

No she is diamond as well , my inquiry was more to if she wanted a 4th drink during the happy hour time , if she could technically have one of mine even though I have the drink package

I would say, technically, NO, but clearly it happens all the time. Depending on the ship, couldn't she just go to the diamond lounge and get as many as she wants, if she's also Diamond?

Truthfully she not a drinker , four drinks might kill her LOL , I am just putting out a more what if situation, I thing the whole sharing drink packages, is the reason the cost is what it is and why again everyone in the same cabin has to have it