Tour to iguzu falls from rio dejanero

barney3445

Hi there - I see you have posted on your Roll Calls in the past but haven't done so for this cruise. Perhaps some of your fellow cruisers have a suggestion and can give you recommendations for what they are doing. I suggest finding your Roll Call and posting this there. I see that the proper spelling is Iguazu Falls.

Have fun. :)

Hi there - I see you have posted on your Roll Calls in the past but haven't done so for this cruise. Perhaps some of your fellow cruisers have a suggestion and can give you recommendations for what they are doing. I suggest finding your Roll Call and posting this there. I see that the proper spelling is Iguazu Falls.

Have fun. :)

The OP hasn't posed on the HAL Veendam roll call for their upcoming cruise. They have posted in the past on other cruise line and ships.

Also check out the South America ports of call board: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76. (Oops - just saw that CruiserBruce made the same recommendation!)

We (group of 4) did a round-trip (Rio to Iguazu to Rio) in January 2017 after disembarking from the Crown Princess in Rio. It was extremely easy to DIY. We spent two nights in Rio at a hotel within 2 blocks of Copacabana Beach (Windsor Plaza). On arrival day (we took a taxi from the port - they were plentiful) we just explored the neighborhood on foot (we had reserved a walking food tour with Eat Rio but our ship was late disembarking so we had to cancel which, luckily, they understood so we had no problem). The next day we had a great all day tour of the city with Gus of TourGuideGus.

Our hotel provided a free shuttle to the airport and the following morning we took the Latam flight to Iguazu departing at 10:50 am and arriving at 1 pm. We checked into our hotel (San Juan Eco) unpacked and then visited their in house tour company where we purchased tickets to the nearby Bird Park. The following morning we arranged for transportation (with another family group of 4) and advance purchased tickets to the Argentine Falls. Our driver also gave us an orientation to the falls. He met us at the end of the day and took us back to the hotel. On our last morning we went to the Brazilian Falls (5 minutes by taxi from the hotel) and spent the morning there. We then got our return flight to Rio at 4 pm (arriving at 6 pm and flying to the US around 11 pm).

With 4 people we saved thousands of dollars over taking the Princess cruisetour. It wasn't difficult to arrange either. There is so much info available on line these days.

Whatever you decide, don't miss the falls (both sides) - they are spectacular!

The OP hasn't posed on the HAL Veendam roll call for their upcoming cruise. They have posted in the past on other cruise line and ships.

Right - that's what I said. :) Perhaps you read it too quickly. See my post (emphasis mine):

Hi there - I see you have posted on your Roll Calls in the past but haven't done so for this cruise. Perhaps some of your fellow cruisers have a suggestion...:)

Anyway, nevermind. :D I hope OP figures it out - definitely sounds like a can't-miss.