Aqua class

fastnloose

Hi, can anyone tell me if there is a bottle of wine in the room on embarkation. As we are travelling to celebrate a special birthday, we are hoping there might be. Many thanks for any replies

Edited by fastnloose
spelling mistake

Not automatically anymore. However, you can request it from the steward and it will be brought to you.

Be warned, it is not good. Taste is reminiscent of nail polish remover.

You might be happier of you bring a bottle on board. You are permitted to bring two. If asked, the steward will bring you an ice bucket.

Not automatically anymore. However, you can request it from the steward and it will be brought to you.

You might be happier of you bring a bottle on board. You are permitted to bring two. If asked, the steward will bring you an ice bucket.

Just be careful if you open one you bring on board in the Dining Room there will be a corkage charge

When we booked through X for our next cruise the guy asked us if we were celebrating anything. We told him the cruise was for our anniversary and he said he would add it to let them know and there would be a complimentary bottle of champagne in the room...pretty sure he said champagne and not wine.

Still probably the cheap stuff but hopefully better than the wine. May not hurt to call and ask.

And you can always ask your steward to bring you an alternative bottle of wine rather than the cheap sparkling wine. They will usually be accomodating.

Celebrity does not automatically give wine just because you (or your TA) mention an anniversary. Everyone would be doing that. :) Certain cabin classifications include a bottle of wine, but it is rarely there the first day (and it is usually champagne, although you can ask it to be switched out to red or white - although neither is very good). Sometimes TA's will give you a bottle of wine as a gift - if so that may be there the first day. You can also contact their special occasions area to order wine or other gifts. Be advised you need to do this well in advance - my son tried to call and surprise me for Mother's Day with a bottle of wine and he was told he was way too late to request it.

Concierge Class gets the sparkling wine, and unless things have changed recently Aqua Class gets the benefits of CC plus...so we have gotten the sparkling wine when we were in Aqua, also. Last time it was not there so we had to ask, it was brought when we requested.

For all the complaints about it, I'm pretty sure it's the same stuff they give you when you board, and what they offer at the Captain's cocktail party, etc., and everyone scarfs those down with no problems. We think it's fine.

It is no longer waiting in the room, but will be brought and chilled upon request. We've swapped ours out for a bottle of Prosecco, which we prefer, with the sommelier in Blu. They stopped putting it in the room on embarkation day because many people didn't use it day 1 and started asking passengers to request it from their stewards when they wanted it delivered. This happened about two years ago. Our steward at that time told us they had changed the auto-delivery format and suggested that we might want it left chilled in our stateroom on the first formal or evening chic night (don't remember which it was called at the time) or any time of our choosing. Some stewards may forget to mention it on embarkation day, so if yours doesn't don't be shy about asking. They're quite busy that first day turning over rooms saying goodbye and hello and learning the preferences of all their new guests. Enjoy your cruise!:)

I wish there was some way to have it chilled and ready to go on the first day - that was part of our first day ritual, sitting on the balcony while we slowly unpacked. I guess we could ask for it right away (if we see our steward) but it would still take a while to get cold. Too bad there isn't an advance request option when you aren't in a suite.

Just got off the Equinox Saturday and we’re in Aqua. The first day the cabin attendant told us just to ask for the sparkling when we were ready.

Completely forgot. On day 6, we were reminded again, so we just asked for it to be delivered next time he came by the room. Forgot again. It is now sitting on my kitchen counter. Now it will be for weekend back porch mimosas this fall.

"Never look a gift horse in the mouth"...or perhaps in this case "never look a gift bottle in the label" or something like that. There have been too many to count (because I'm too lazy to search and count them) on the topic of "what you can do with the bottle of sparkling wine. And yes, some would have you believe that what you thought of when you saw the phrase "what you can do with it" is accurate. I don't think it's quite that bad...

You really have a number of choices...let me suggest some:

a) if the bottle isn't in the room, find your cabin attendant and ask if you can get a bottle of red or white wine instead of the sparkling wine.

b) if the sparkling wine is in the room, but not on ice....see a) above either for ice or replacement.

c) open the sparkling wine and enjoy it (or not)...the price was right (well, you paid for Aqua so it's a nice gift to yourself which you paid for as part of the cabin price).

d) take the sparkling wine out of the ice (so the label doesn't come off) and take it with you to Blu when you go to dinner...ask the sommelier if he could give you a credit towards a drinkable (sorry...my bias) bottle of wine. In our experience they will either give you a $28 credit or just exchange it for a bottle of better red or white wine than the cabin attendant might have given you.

e) if you have a drink package, you now have a nice gift for someone on board since you can just go to any bar and get a glass of sparkling/red or white wine on your drink package and you have an unopened bottle of some type of wine.

f) take the bottle off the ship at your first port and try to break against the hull of the ship.....I've always wanted to do this....

Whatever you decide, enjoy your cruise.....and go with the punches.

Just did Aqua on Summit. Asked if we could exchange for a still wine. No. Cabin steward said that it cannot exchange. When he brought the bubbly, we were pleased as it wasn't the cheap champage. Ot was Prosecco. Took it to dinner. It was nice.

Hi, can anyone tell me if there is a bottle of wine in the room on embarkation. As we are travelling to celebrate a special birthday, we are hoping there might be. Many thanks for any replies

I just came off Equinox in Aqua yesterday and yes there was a bottle of sparking wine in the cabin when I arrived.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I called Celebrity who advised that I should ask for the wine if it was not already in the room. The occasion is my husband's 75th birthday, which they can verify from his passport if necessary. But Celebrity told me it is an amenity in Aqua regardless of occasion.

We were recently on Eclipse in Aqua class. We asked for and received a complimentary bottle of white wine. A few days later, when asked if we enjoyed it, my husband mentioned that he really only likes a certain brand of Reisling, which they carried in Blu. The next day our steward brought us a complimentary bottle of that Reisling. It was no problem getting the wine as long as you asked for it.

Celebrity does not automatically give wine just because you (or your TA) mention an anniversary. Everyone would be doing that. :) Certain cabin classifications include a bottle of wine, but it is rarely there the first day (and it is usually champagne, although you can ask it to be switched out to red or white - although neither is very good). Sometimes TA's will give you a bottle of wine as a gift - if so that may be there the first day. You can also contact their special occasions area to order wine or other gifts. Be advised you need to do this well in advance - my son tried to call and surprise me for Mother's Day with a bottle of wine and he was told he was way too late to request it.

The OP is Aqua. We have always received the free bottle, but lately not necessarily at embarkation. The stewart will bring it when requested, and will usually switch to an alternative should you prefer.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I called Celebrity who advised that I should ask for the wine if it was not already in the room. The occasion is my husband's 75th birthday, which they can verify from his passport if necessary. But Celebrity told me it is an amenity in Aqua regardless of occasion.

The agent was correct. It is a benefit of Concierge and Aqua class and all you need to do is tell your steward when you want it if it's not there.