Britannia balcony cabins with sofa & Pullman bunk.

amajaa

Some of the balcony cabins on Britannia with Sofa have a Pullman bunk as well. Has anyone ever been in one of these with 2 kids? If so where is the Pullman, is it over the sofa or over the double bed or do you have to have 2 single beds and the Pullman is over one of those? Any help much appreciated.

Hello, yes, we did, with a 6 and 3 year old. We also were able to have a double bed and the Pullman was above the single sofa bed.

Our cabin number was G331. From memory it was an IB grade (obstructed view) cabin.

You could get to th balcony when both beds were out, but it was a bit of an effort (squeezing past sofa bed while bending down to avoiding banging our heads while the Pullman was in place!). We still managed it without waking th kids up.

Not very obstructed :) there was I think (rubbish memory, sorry!)a strut or pillar supporting the lifeboats to my left as I looked out the balcony, but not much else, apart from down below us (below our balcony floor level) there was a lifeboat - but we could see over it when sat down x

Not very obstructed :) there was I think (rubbish memory, sorry!)a strut or pillar supporting the lifeboats to my left as I looked out the balcony, but not much else, apart from down below us (below our balcony floor level) there was a lifeboat - but we could see over it when sat down x

Hi thinking of trying P&O. Are any of the 'obstructed View' cabins totally obscured? Don't mind lifeboats below deck level but don't fancy lifeboat in my face as I open the balcony door.

Not that I can recall when researching whether to book one. The ones towards the rear of the ship ( G600's I think) were the most obstructed as the lifeboats were taller /bigger /different shape towards the back. That said, i don't think it was a total obstruction, after taking a peak during changeover day.

I wouldn't hesitate to book a higher grade obstructed balcony again, as the view was fine, and particularly as we got the sofa bed in there too.