Formal Night Schedule?

FiannaAradia

Hello all, I have two questions:

1. Can anyone tell me what night the formal night generally is on a 7 day cruise with no sea days? I don't want to make reservations at the specialty restaurant for that night because it's fun to be in the MDR when everyone is all dressed up. I had read somewhere that it's often the second night, but I've only seen that in one place.

2. Do most men opt for the suit and tie or do they wear tuxedos? I'm still trying to book a flight on a decent airline, and that's looking less and less feasible. We're debating whether or not to pack the tuxedo and all the accompaniments since we're probably going to be stuck paying for baggage. The suit is more space-effective since that means the jacket can double as a dinner jacket on other evenings and I don't need to pack a formal gown.

Thanks!

Our pre cruise information showed we would have four on this 35 day cruise however once on board our schedule showed just three. Guess the bottom line is nothing is set in stone until you board.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the advice, all! Our pre-cruise documentation shows that there is one formal night, but not which night it is. I went ahead and made reservations at TK for the 3rd night. We were considering the second night because it's the most low-key day of the itinerary. Anything on the menu that we absolutely shouldn't miss?

We'll probably go the suit and dress route, which makes me kinda sad. We're the (apparently) odd birds who love to dress up and that's one of the things that made us want to try SB. Sadly, getting to Bridgetown from central Illinois is more of a pain than I expected.

Either way, I'm still really, really excited about this trip. This is our first venture out of mass-market land.

For the Gentlemen a tie is not required, neither is a suit or tux required. Only requirements are a jacket. Of course shirt and pants as well. Recently finished a 45 night cruise and the formal nights on the initial daily listing were changed for several of the nites. Have a wonderful cruise no matter what you are wearing.

For the Gentlemen a tie is not required, neither is a suit or tux required. Only requirements are a jacket. Of course shirt and pants as well. Recently finished a 45 night cruise and the formal nights on the initial daily listing were changed for several of the nites. Have a wonderful cruise no matter what you are wearing.

There will definitely be a tie. He has enough to open a haberdashery and I think a suit would look odd without a tie. Jacket and slacks with no tie is normal, but a suit just calls for a tie. We're oddly formal for Americans. He usually wears a jacket to dinner. We're in between the ban-the-tie generation and the dress-like-a-Victorian-bartender generation.

It does make you wonder how many people would show up without shirts and pants if it wasn't required. :confused: