Tabyana beach?

vikesfan

Well, we went to Tabayana Beach and had the time of our lives. A local guy on a kayak went out with us. He kayaked and showed us the best spots to snorkel. It was really neat. Awesome snorkeling!! Be sure to take an underwater camera. A great excursion (even on your own) that you are sure to enjoy. It was very memorable for me and my fiance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Taxi fee list.

I don't think any of the food on Roatan is cheap and it it more expensive on West Bay Beach.. Tabyana is part of West Bay.

If you sort out a taxi staying then the taxi will stay..of not.. not so much.

I have often heard people say for the price and flexibility of the shuttle back to the ship, many people prefer the cruise excursion.

By the by ~ if snorkeling is your primary reason for going to the beach..the bast snoring West bay has to offer is Tabyana

Enjoy the island.

We usually book our tours NOT thru the ship with the exception of Roatan where we book with the ship & ask for the first bus to Tayabana. This tour runs about $35 PP thru the ship, as I recall.

This gets you to & from Tayabana at about any time you are ready to go.

We ask for the first bus so that we have the pick of chairs & shade.

You can rent the gear needed while there & even rent it on the beach, but who knows how clean it is & we take our own.

Enjoy..

• 3 weeks later...
u can get a driver and car all day , will take u any were and stay with u all day for 2 people $ 40.00 pp , 4 people $ 25.00 pp, best thing going on roatan

heard about him before, where did they take you ?we wanted to do the monkeys and then the beach...

Can you go to Tabyana beach on your own, ie. taxi? Or, do you have to go through the cruise ship?

Thanks for any info...

Just so you know, Tabyana is an actual place there people go, the beach is actually West Bay. Although I'm sure that if you say Tabyana to any taxi driver, they will know where to take you, just thought you'd like to know it's West Bay Beach. :)

Make sure you read this thread if you are into snorkeling:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1469343

u can get a driver and car all day , will take u any were and stay with u all day for 2 people $ 40.00 pp , 4 people $ 25.00 pp, best thing going on roatan

We are traveling on carnival Dream on november and will like to snorkel near Tabyana Beach. How much it will be to rent a taxi to go there? Is it better to go with the cruise excursion?

We are traveling on carnival Dream on november and will like to snorkel near Tabyana Beach. How much it will be to rent a taxi to go there? Is it better to go with the cruise excursion?

This web site may be of interest.

Going with the cruise excursion or not is personal preference. My belief is..if your party needs or wants to be able to see each other with some on the beach and some in the water...if there are people in your party that wish to snorkel and others do not..then the excursion with the ship is you best bet.

If some want to snorkel but to not need to be in sight of the people who wish to stay on the beach then any of the other resorts that offer day passes are do-able as well.

Keep in mind Tabyana Beach is a part of West Bay Beach the cruise companies call Tabyana. Does anyone know what the price is to use the facilities at Tabyana are you don't go with the cruise excursion?

Edited by Guest 2000

Thank you for the info. I just want to know in terms of prices if the best option is the cruise excursion $35.00pp or if a taxi will be cheaper for bigger group. We are 22 traveling together, and not everyone will be able to pay the $35pp

Thank you for the info. I just want to know in terms of prices if the best option is the cruise excursion $35.00pp or if a taxi will be cheaper for bigger group. We are 22 traveling together, and not everyone will be able to pay the $35pp

did ya read that web site? it states taxi prices and at least one operator that shuttled to the beach... I suggest you have chats with the tour guys, with a group of 22 may be less expensive to order up a couple of buses.

You gotta do some of research yourself, along with the math. :D

Course if you are looking for easy...ship excursion is easy.

Edited by Guest 2000

• 5 years later...
  • 3 months later...
do you happen to know how much they charge to rent the snorkeling equipment and kayak?

I am interested in this as well. We are looking at a day trip to a west bay resort but they do not rent any of these items. Can anybody rent from here?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am interested in this as well. We are looking at a day trip to a west bay resort but they do not rent any of these items. Can anybody rent from here?

There are locals on the beach offering snorkel and mask to rent. There also are probably 12 dive shops you can rent from. With all that said, I would not use someone else's toothbrush you can bet I would not be using someone elses snorkel in a third world country.

There are locals on the beach offering snorkel and mask to rent. There also are probably 12 dive shops you can rent from. With all that said, I would not use someone else's toothbrush you can bet I would not be using someone elses snorkel in a third world country.

We will have our own snorkel mask but would like to rent flotation and fins. We also want to use water toys. Kayaks, paddleboards, things like that.

We will have our own snorkel mask but would like to rent flotation and fins. We also want to use water toys. Kayaks, paddleboards, things like that.

I don't know about flotation, never used any. Fins can be rented from locals along the beach or dive shops. Kayak and Paddle boards can be rented along the beach. There is also a bounce water thing many of the kids enjoy. All one need to is find the local along the beach renting the toy you wish to use. easy peasy.

The idea of Tabyana beach is a marketing ploy by the Cruise lines crowded with cruisers. West Bay beach is free and it will be cost effective to buy snorkel gear. Either expensive drinks or watered down drinks or drinks using cheap booze are just part of the cruise experience.

The idea of Tabyana beach is a marketing ploy by the Cruise lines crowded with cruisers. West Bay beach is free and it will be cost effective to buy snorkel gear. Either expensive drinks or watered down drinks or drinks using cheap booze are just part of the cruise experience.

I do not believe marketing ploy is the best phrase to use when referring to Tabyana.

Tabyana is a portion of West Bay Beach that the cruise ship companies use for day trips, they offer lockers, potties, food, and loungers. Also the boat free easy access snorkeling is steps from your lounger at Tabyana.

Yes, all the beaches on Roatan are public, the potties are payable the loungers are payable and of course the food is payable. Additionally there is often discussion there is often discussion about just how much of the sand is public and how much belongs to the resorts.

We were at Tabyana in January of this year. At that time they only took people booked thru the cruise lines and when we were there they did not sell more tickets than seats. Lots of loungers in shade, security was greta, very friendly and kept vendors from the "chair area". I believe the sign said $15 to rent snorkel equipment, we only needed fins. Lockers were $5, but as lon as you turn in the key you get $3 back. Lunch was great, best snorkeling we have had in the Wetern Caribbean. Woyld definitely pay the guys in the kayaks to guide you out simply because there are some very large (and sharp) coral heads close to the surface, just my opinion though because we tend to lose track of time/place when we find good snorkeling. Well worth the $40 for us, transportation, guaranteed lounger, clean, good food, excellent shore snorkeling. Goinh again in January on next cruise. If you go I hope you love it as much as we do.:)

you are way to obvious in your marketing efforts

Geek1, I'm sorry if you feel that way. You're so off the mark, that's what happens when you assume the negative. We have been on 5 cruises and 2 times to roatan, which has been our favorite for snorkeling. Just because I write a thorough review somehow provokes rude comments. Thats why i often dont post, too many unnecessary mean comments. I just know as someone who is 1. fairly new to cruising and 2. extremely OCD when it comes to planning I appreciate specifics. I was simply trying to provide a good response to the person's questions. Be nice!

• 3 weeks later...
Geek1, I'm sorry if you feel that way. You're so off the mark, that's what happens when you assume the negative. We have been on 5 cruises and 2 times to roatan, which has been our favorite for snorkeling. Just because I write a thorough review somehow provokes rude comments. Thats why i often dont post, too many unnecessary mean comments. I just know as someone who is 1. fairly new to cruising and 2. extremely OCD when it comes to planning I appreciate specifics. I was simply trying to provide a good response to the person's questions. Be nice!

Thank you for the review and your thoughts. I to am almost OCD in finding the right way to experience the ports. I have been to Roatan multiple times, have done private island beaches, ship snorkeling, and even the free Mahogany Beach (I recommend not doing this unless you are on a tight budget). We are returning in April and want to find something for the entire family, I want to snorkel, the wife wants the beach, and my son wants it all. So we may do a West Bay visit this time.