Can I change to My Time Dining once onboard?

Homegrown

I haven't been able to find a good answer to this, we currently have taditional seating reservations but would like to switch to MTD once we board. Is this allowed? The reason we want to wait til then is that we have a fairly large OBC and would like to use that to pay tips instead of being charged before. Thanks!

I haven't been able to find a good answer to this, we currently have taditional seating reservations but would like to switch to MTD once we board. Is this allowed? The reason we want to wait til then is that we have a fairly large OBC and would like to use that to pay tips instead of being charged before. Thanks!

Yes just go to the My Time Dining Desk and sign up, as long as there is room you will have no problem

Yes just go to the My Time Dining Desk and sign up, as long as there is room you will have no problem

There's the kicker.............

Depending on the type of OBC, it may be refundable if you don't use it all. Do you know what category yours falls into?

When we changed onboard to MTD, the hostess first checked for availability, had us complete a form to prepay gratuities, then used a Sharpie to cross out the dining assignment on our Seapass cards and wrote "MTD." It only took a few minutes.

Woody

I just booked the Mariner and we have early seating, I was just about to change it, but we too have a decent credit from our TA that would be great to apply to gratuities. We're going over spring break though, so I would guess there's a good chance MTD could be full before we get onboard. Decisions, decisions...

We had the same issue--on board credit we wanted to use to pay tips. Our friends were in MTD so I went up as soon as we boarded and was able to change--same deal, crossed out early seating and wrote in my time dining. Fortunately, our friends had made reservations for the whole cruise and we were added, otherwise we could not have reserved our desired time. When we booked the cruise, we were not offered the option of My Time Dining so I was surprised there was no problem.

Archived