Hal 2018 wc

bay guy

I'm doing some research before I book this cruise for my DW and myself and had a few questions for those of you who have done a WC before.

1) My wife has allergy problems with many laundry detergents. Are there washing machines and dryers on the Amsterdam that passengers can use? We have a "Scrubbi"(sp) that we've used on shorter cruises but the idea of using that for 4 months for a good portion of our laundry isn't very appealing.

2) For those items which can be sent to the ship's laundry, is laundry service included in the cruise fees?

3) I haven't called HAL yet but does anyone know if visas are required for any of our stops?

4) What inoculations would be required for this cruise, especially with the Africa stops?

Thanks for your help.

I'm doing some research before I book this cruise for my DW and myself and had a few questions for those of you who have done a WC before.

1) My wife has allergy problems with many laundry detergents. Are there washing machines and dryers on the Amsterdam that passengers can use? We have a "Scrubbi"(sp) that we've used on shorter cruises but the idea of using that for 4 months for a good portion of our laundry isn't very appealing. Yes

2) For those items which can be sent to the ship's laundry, is laundry service included in the cruise fees? Not necessarily

3) I haven't called HAL yet but does anyone know if visas are required for any of our stops? Yes

4) What inoculations would be required for this cruise, especially with the Africa stops? Yellow Fever required, others may be recommended.

Thanks for your help.

See above in Red.

Also check the Holland Amsterdam Roll Call for the WC in January 2018

To expand a little on jertoms's responses...

If you are a 4 star mariner (or above) one of your perks is laundry service at no extra cost. For the rest of us there is a self-service launderette and/or stuff a bag and/or sending individual items.

As it stands now, any visas that are necessary (at least for US citizens) will be obtained by HAL and the cost added to your onboard account. Very painless!

If you haven't done so, drop by and visit our very active roll call. This is proving to be a popular cruise with a fantastic itinerary.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2350261

Oceania offers free laundry for its ATW cruisers. This is similar to per piece.. Wash, iron if required, return on hangers. Dry cleaning is not included.

Oceania's ATW package includes visa services for all ports at no charge.

It also includes an unlimited internet account for the cabin, and no charge for medical care obtained on the ship. This includes. Medications for an acquired illness and X-rays.

The perks for their frequent cruiser program are given when you board..not when you leave the ship.

To expand a little on jertoms's responses...

If you are a 4 star mariner (or above) one of your perks is laundry service at no extra cost. For the rest of us there is a self-service launderette and/or stuff a bag and/or sending individual items.

As it stands now, any visas that are necessary (at least for US citizens) will be obtained by HAL and the cost added to your onboard account. Very painless!

If you haven't done so, drop by and visit our very active roll call. This is proving to be a popular cruise with a fantastic itinerary.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2350261

Not all visas are provided by HAL! You will be responsible for China & India.

Ship laundrys use hot water and harsh detergent designed to get everything clean. If you have a problem bring your personal detergent from home. Barb, there were NO Xrays on older Oceania ships and health services really lousy.But we certainly had many perks included in full benefits package. Passports need to be sent in for China visas.Mine took a month.

Edited by zoncom

• 3 months later...

1) My wife has allergy problems with many laundry detergents. Are there washing machines and dryers on the Amsterdam that passengers can use? We have a "Scrubbi"(sp) that we've used on shorter cruises but the idea of using that for 4 months for a good portion of our laundry isn't very appealing.

2) For those items which can be sent to the ship's laundry, is laundry service included in the cruise fees?

3) I haven't called HAL yet but does anyone know if visas are required for any of our stops?

4) What inoculations would be required for this cruise, especially with the Africa stops?

Thanks for your help.

You might think of bringing a small bottle of vinegar to add to the machine, and put it in the fabric softener slot. I do this all the time, as our family has issues with allergies too. And no things don't smell lik vinegar! 😁

Cyndi