Excursion help! Jeep tour?

Montanotwins16

My husband is not a beach person. He is not ocean friendly and while I want to snorkle and beach ect I'm trying to find him a good excursion.

I found the jeep tour thru RCI that goes to ruins and a beach. I cant find many reviews on this tour. Ones that I did find have really mixed reviews and are old.

I'm thinking this is a good mix but it was expensive. I went ahead and booked it but not I'm reading the ruins are onderwhelming.

He really wants to see ruins. I know they are better in the other ports. Were also doing rotan and belize. We are only booking thru the RCI because it's out first cruise.

I really want to zip line ect but hes a big and tall guy and every zip line I found says 300lb limit. Sigh

Any advice on those ports appreciated. I need help lol

Cozumel is a completely FLAT island, zipline there is a joke, don't waste money on it.

Cozumel is all about ocean sports and beaches. You can take a taxi to a beach club, have lunch, do a snorkel tour from there, etc. for cheap.

• 1 month later...

I'm unsure from your post if you're strictly set on the ships excursions only, but if you're open to an independent tour company, this catamaran/snorkeling and private jeep island tour through Shore Excursioneer might be something you'd interested in: http://www.shoreexcursioneer.com/cozumel/combo-catamaran-sail-snorkel-private-jeep.html In the past, we've rented a jeep and explored on our own, but this offers an off-shore snorkeling opportunity, combined with the ability to tour the island by jeep. We're booking this for our September, 2018 cruise on the Miracle.

From what I understand, the ruins in Cozumel are not much to see. If you are set on seeing ruins, I would definitely use your Belize stop to do the ruins. I have done the Lamanai ruins there. It involve both a bus ride and a boat ride to get to them. It is a long day, but it was worth doing once. There are also excursions from Belize City to the Altun Ha ruins. I have not been there, but I am pretty certain that they will be better than those in Cozumel.

Have you considered just taking a taxi to Chankanaab in Cozumel? Admission is about $21 each, and it's very easy to get a taxi to/from. They have a nice beach and snorkel lagoon, but there are other things there your husband might enjoy like a sea lion show, botanical gardens, dolphins and manatees, and some Mayan cultural exhibits.

My husband is not a beach person. He is not ocean friendly and while I want to snorkle and beach ect I'm trying to find him a good excursion.

I found the jeep tour thru RCI that goes to ruins and a beach. I cant find many reviews on this tour. Ones that I did find have really mixed reviews and are old.

I'm thinking this is a good mix but it was expensive. I went ahead and booked it but not I'm reading the ruins are onderwhelming.

He really wants to see ruins. I know they are better in the other ports. Were also doing rotan and belize. We are only booking thru the RCI because it's out first cruise.

I really want to zip line ect but hes a big and tall guy and every zip line I found says 300lb limit. Sigh

Any advice on those ports appreciated. I need help lol

We did a private Jeep tour through a local tour company:

http://www.cozumeljeepandsnorkeltour.com/

Loved it! Cheaper than RCI too.

Would skip the ruins however. Underwhelming. Sorry. I was hoping for better. It is also a small extra fee pp to get into the ruins.

You will tour the island (obviously), stop at a tequila factory, chocolate factory, and stop at a few 'watering holes' that have real character.

I would tell your guide, no lengthy beach time, no ruins. Ask them for some suggestions to fill that time.

Good luck.

We did a jeep tour and loved it! Did not go through the ship though. Most jeep tours will let you tell them what you want to see. You can snorkel and see ruins if you want. We snorkeled, went to chocolate factory, stopped at cool bars on the west side then finished up at the tequila factory. It was one of our favorite excursions in Cozumel.

Sent from my iPad using Forums